6/21/13 NEW CHALLENGE!

Options
tiffypooh2u
tiffypooh2u Posts: 299 Member
All this stress must have done something! I lost 4 lbs this week! Whew! Hope everyone is doing well! Just wanted to check in on this lovely Friday morning and let you know that we have another challenge for this week!

One of our awesome team members 4men1Lady79 came up with this:

1000 jumping jacks is equivilent to 3500 calories/ 1 lb. loss

This weeks challenge is for the next 10 days, do 100 juming jacks (they don't all have to be at the same time, but if you can then AWESOME!) and in 10 days, you will lose 1 lb! Let's go!

Replies

• caly_man
    caly_man Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    regardless of how much each jumping jack can burn, 1000 jacks is a nice goal. thanks!

if you want to finish in one week. you need to do 143 jacks for the next seven days.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/312289-burned-calories-per-jumping-jack/
  • pglaf
    pglaf Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I'm up for the challenge!!!
  • daisymae850
    daisymae850 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Me too!
  • missmissica
    missmissica Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    good idea!
  • nelsaphine
    nelsaphine Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Interesting challenge...I'm in! I usually do 30 before my workout. I think i'll do 50 in the am before work, 50 as part of warm-up & 43 before leaving the gym = 143 daily! definitely doable :)
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I'm in! This is awesome! I can do these at work. I don't know why I haven't thought of that before :/
  • foxylady522
    Options
    That is a lot of jumping jacks! But I'm in!
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    FYI...I did some research and I don't think you'll burn as many calories as that. I'm still doing them but it's about 100 calories per 10 minutes. I did 150 total and it took about 5 minutes.
  • SavingSarah41
    SavingSarah41 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    This will be another great way for me to get my kids involved!!! I have 5 year old twins and they are a huge inspiration as well as they want to do my exercises with me!!!!
  • Mom2my3girls
    Mom2my3girls Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I agree with the pp, that's a lot of jumping jacks! But I'm in too. I just saw this post today so I will have to do 200 a day! WOW!
  • NewMomNewME24
    NewMomNewME24 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Sounds good - I am in! I am few days late so I'll go through Sunday!
  • adchill
    adchill Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Great idea!
  • mblach
    mblach Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Sounds good!
  • foxylady522
    Options
    So we're a few days in. How are people doing with the jumping jacks? I'm up to 525 jumping jacks since Friday! I'm half way there :)
  • losingw8now
    losingw8now Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    person who came up with that must not have big boobs! lol
  • 4men1lady79
    4men1lady79 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    LOL Losingw8now I have my share of problems too!
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Gonna have to substitute. I get massive shin splints from jumping jacks, even with good shoes and padded socks. :ohwell:
  • OnFire1975
    OnFire1975 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just joined this group but ready for this challenge! I just finished my 100 for the day. I stopped for a breather after 50 and 70 then pushed through to the end. Wow! That really gets your heart pumping! I may aim to do this faster by doing some jumping jacks in the morning and evening. I think I can pull off 100 in the morning and 50 at night.