Condiments???????

Options
kg4wfd
kg4wfd Posts: 5 Member
with so much focus on what we eat as far as solid food...I was just curious at what point can I put ketchup on it :) Im kinda a fan especially since i get to eat eggs tomorrow for the first time post op and I like a little squirt of ketchup with my eggs at what point did yall try things like ketchup, mustard, hot sauce, ect. let me know I am very curious...fyi I am not planning on putting ketchup on my eggs tomorrow :)

Replies

• specialemy
    specialemy Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hi there...for me I think it would be okay to have a little condiment with whatever you are eating. It doesn't hurt to check back with your bariatric nutritionist in case. I think just be mindful of the sugar content, fat content, etc. I think I was eating an egg in the beginning with a little squirt of mustard (only because I was afraid of the sugar content in ketchup at the time). Hope this helps.
  • JaynaErickson
    JaynaErickson Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I think ur ok as long as u don't go overboard with it. I'm a dipper! I still us a bit of ranch or a1 for my meats. I haven't had a prob with sugar. I put it in my coffee because the sugar sweeteners freak me out lol.
  • kg4wfd
    kg4wfd Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    thanks to both of you this helps
  • stratusphr
    stratusphr Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I didn't use ketchup, but I have never used a lot of ketchup. I used salsa, mustard and when I could have tuna, I used a little Lite Mayo. I was VERY strict with myself until I reached goal, but if you use just a TASTE, very little....I think it would be fine. You need to keep in the back of your mind that those are a few extra calories and log them. Err on the side of caution, always! :) Under eat your sleeve, weigh daily and weigh and/or measure your food. If you'll start making these things part of your "new normal" - it is great. I've been doing all of this for over three years now. It's as natural as breathing to me. I consider the weighing and logging, all of it, like my "dashboard". I can control and keep a watch of what is going on "under the hood", just like in my truck. :)

Good luck!