Net Carbs Script

Options
2»

Replies

• SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Oh Laura... I also edited the script replacing .container with .food_container (5 places in the script) and It STILL won't fix mine.
    Man I can't function without my script!! LOL
    Anybody have any ideas to help me out? ...lost

I would delete the old one and start over.
  • cheryl3660
    cheryl3660 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Still not working for me this morning. the "food_container" script is in there, but it won't display. I also have Tamper Monkey and Chrome and have installed it in Tamper Monkey and directly in Chrome and neither way is working any longer.
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Oh Laura... I also edited the script replacing .container with .food_container (5 places in the script) and It STILL won't fix mine.
    Man I can't function without my script!! LOL
    Anybody have any ideas to help me out? ...lost

I would delete the old one and start over.
    That's what I would do. Run a "search" in edit to make sure you've replaced all the .container code.
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Still not working for me this morning. the "food_container" script is in there, but it won't display. I also have Tamper Monkey and Chrome and have installed it in Tamper Monkey and directly in Chrome and neither way is working any longer.
    Try reinstalling the old script then replace .container with .food_container. Make sure it has the "." in front.
  • dlaciv12
    dlaciv12 Posts: 13
    Options
    Hmm. I've uninstalled, reinstalled and edited manually and I still get nothing. My Tampermonkey icon has a little red "1" under it when I land on the food diary page so something is up but no description of the problem appears. Maybe I'll just wait for the developer to update it officially.
  • mrbobvilla
    Options
    I actually haven't been able to get tampermonkey to work either. You can instead download the script to your computer, go to chrome://extensions/ in your browser, and then drag and drop the script into the chrome://extensions web page. That will allow you to install the script inside Chrome without using tampermonkey.
  • dlaciv12
    dlaciv12 Posts: 13
    Options
    OK. For those with Chrome and TamperMonkey go ahead and delete the script from from TamperMonkey. Go the to the Reddit conversation here: http://www.reddit.com/r/keto/comments/1glm3z/myfitnesspal_chrome_extension_not_working/

In MrBobVilla's comment "I have an updated version of the script here. I also let the creator of the script know so that hopefully he will update the script officially," RIGHT CLICK the "here" and "save link as..." and remember where it downloads to (It's the updated version of the script).

Click on Chrome settings, click on Tools then Extensions. Drag and drop the downloaded file to the open Extensions tab and the script will install as an extension.

Now navigate to your food diary and see if the %s show up. If not then reload the page and they should be there. Make sure the script is NOT installed in TamperMonkey so maybe uninstall TamperMonkey if it isn't working.
  • cheryl3660
    cheryl3660 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    OK. For those with Chrome and TamperMonkey go ahead and delete the script from from TamperMonkey. Go the to the Reddit conversation here: http://www.reddit.com/r/keto/comments/1glm3z/myfitnesspal_chrome_extension_not_working/

In MrBobVilla's comment "I have an updated version of the script here. I also let the creator of the script know so that hopefully he will update the script officially," RIGHT CLICK the "here" and "save link as..." and remember where it downloads to (It's the updated version of the script).

Click on Chrome settings, click on Tools then Extensions. Drag and drop the downloaded file to the open Extensions tab and the script will install as an extension.

Now navigate to your food diary and see if the %s show up. If not then reload the page and they should be there. Make sure the script is NOT installed in TamperMonkey so maybe uninstall TamperMonkey if it isn't working.

I did this same thing yesterday and it didn't work, but it did finally work today. Yay! On a side note, I had to reboot my computer this morning, so maybe that had something to do with it as well.
  • legaline
    legaline Posts: 35 Member
    Options

THANK YOU!! I have been missing my percentages breakdown so much :) I love love love this script (and you for helping me fix it, of course)!
  • Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    What about those using Firefox and Greasemonkey ? Is there a fix for it ?
  • mrbobvilla
    Options
    What about those using Firefox and Greasemonkey ? Is there a fix for it ?

In Firefox, select the drop down for the greasemonkey icon and choose "Manage user scripts"
    Select the MyFitnessPal Percentages and Net Carbs 1.1 script and click options.
    Click Edit this User Script. (Button towards the bottom)

Now you have two options. You can either search for .container throughout the script and replace it with .food_container (I think there are five instances) or you can save this script: http://mrbobvilla.com/124645.user.js to your computer and open it up in a text editor. Then delete the entire script in the Greasemonkey window that appeared and copy/paste my updated version of the script into that window. Then just hit file -- save and you are good to go.

By the way, thanks for writing better instructions, dlaciv12. I admit when I put this fix together I expected it would just be temporary for maybe one or two days before the official script got updated. I wonder if Surye is not around right now to update it.
  • Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Thanks I fixed it by going to a thread and using the script they fixed for firefox, thank goodness lol was starting to stress
    and was figuring it out myself.
  • Fat2FitChick
    Fat2FitChick Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    This fix works perfectly with Firefox. Thanks!!
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the links and instructions for Chrome -- got it to work finally. cheers
  • skittle316
    skittle316 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    add :8080 after script in the link then it will