Weight Loss Buddy Needed

Options
cjthurman
cjthurman Posts: 56 Member
I'm 42 years old and about 310 pounds. I'm tired of having my weight define who I am - not to mention pending health considerations - and I need to get it off. I'm looking for someone to be a weight loss buddy - for mutual support and accountability. I live alone and don't do a weekly weigh-in anywhere and I think what I'm lacking is that weekly accountability to the public scale.

I'm looking for someone who is willing to be tough and not let me give up - and vice-versa - and who is in it for the long haul. No giving up and no giving in. Presently, I'm eating a low carb diet so that shared interested would also be helpful. I was thinking of a once a week check-in but if you want to touch base on a daily basis, that's ok too....but maybe one day for an "official" weigh in (Mondays?).

Any takers???

Replies

• GabyBaby916
    GabyBaby916 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    I'm 41 and am also a low carb eater. I have approximately 30lbs that I'd like to lose and have been stuck for weeks.
    When were you interested in starting?
  • cjthurman
    cjthurman Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi. Thanks for your posy Gaby(?). I was thinking July 1st for the first weigh-in. I usually do Mondays because it sometimes keeps me honest over the weekend ;) What do you say? Want to give it a go? If yes, I'll send you a friend request....
  • bookworm221
    bookworm221 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi there
    I'm also a low-carber. I'm 45 and have about 70-80lb to lose. I weigh in usually Mondays but don't always weigh in every week - perhaps I should!
    I've yo-yo dieted all my life & this is going to be the last time i'm taking it off - life style change time!!
    Happy to be friends if you want any body else! :)
  • GabyBaby916
    GabyBaby916 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me! :)
  • happydaze71
    happydaze71 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I am highly motivated, I eat a low carb diet, not so interested in the scale side of things, but am happy to weigh once a week if it keeps us all accountable. I go by measurements as I exercise a lot and do lots of weights.
  • Shari325
    Shari325 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,
    I'm 47 and low carbing. I have another 100 pounds to lose.
    I am insulin resistant and pre-diabetic. I'm low carbing to control blood sugar.
    Feel free to add me as friend, we can encourage and support each other.
    Shari
  • Math_Geek
    Math_Geek Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm 50 and have probably 80 I want to lose. Low carb works so well for me, I feel great! Add me!
  • truelove11
    truelove11 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would like to be a buddy. I am 44 years old and type 1 diabetic. I have a terrible time staying on the wagon and end up losing and gaining the little bit of weight I've managed to shed. Currently I am at my highest weight at 218 lbs and very miserable. Doing it alone hasn't worked for me so I'm hoping low carb buddies can help with accountability plus provide encouragement.

Please feel free to add me and I will try to add y'all.

Cathy
  • NJWright731
    NJWright731 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have done the low carb diet off and on for 6 months. Time to get serious again, I have 100 lbs to lose. I would love to be a buddy too. I am fairly new to this message board. Feel free to add me.
  • Golightly17
    Golightly17 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have been low carbing for awhile now. I am getting back on track after my out of town food bender. I have about 20-25 lbs that I would like to lose. Anyone's free to add me, I could always use new buddies!
  • Cher3940
    Cher3940 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 41 & after a short stint with ww's, I'm back on low-carb. I'd like to lose 50lbs (consecutively!).

I don't particularily enjoy exercise (hip bursitis & torn knee ligaments), but....I try with my elliptical, pilates & yoga (not everyday mind you!).

Add me as a friend & if you start a support group weigh-in post, I'd join in too :)