Feeling yucky and low blood sugar. Coincidence?

Options
mclgo
mclgo Posts: 147 Member
Hi All,
I've been working this Type 2 and MFP for about a month now and doing very well!
Today I felt sick - tummy ache, general weakness, etc like I had the stomach flu. All day my blood sugar has been "low" - 79, 97,88. Is this a coincidence?
I did eat some things - banana, chicken, etc.
Thanks
Margaret

Replies

• celestep2k1
    celestep2k1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Maybe they don't have your meds dialed-in quite right yet. If this continues, please call your health care provider this coming week to let them know!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,626 Member
    Options
    When my BG was less well controlled, I used to feel hypoglycemic at 4.6 (=83). Shakey, dizzy, confused. My body was just used to running higher. Now that my BG is better, I feel fine at 4.6 and lower.

If it happens again, have something that raises your BG quickly. A piece of fruit, some juice, a mint sweetened with sugar, or a couple of jelly beans. Don't use chocolate, because the fat content lowers the glycemic index of the sugary snack.
  • Darlekins
    Darlekins Posts: 44
    Options
    You may be experiencing a false low if your body is used to running at much higher glucose levels, or you may indeed have some sort of illness. Readings of 79,97 and 88 are not "low" and do not need to be treated.
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Those are not concidered Low (hypoglycemic) numbers. You want to strive to get your sugar in the 70's, but they say between 70 and 100 is what to aim for. Anything under 70 is concidered hypoglycemic and needs medical attention. It is probably just lower than what your accustomed too is all, or you could just be coming down sick too
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    My guess is that you may just have a bug which is causing you to feel yucky. Because you feel yucky you may have been eating less which is giving you lower BG readings.