Help me out

Options
Hello I have just started on my journey.
Looking for some kiwi friends to help with encouragement and ideas. I have been finding that I get super hungry just after I eat which is driving me insane.
If anyone has some good, reasonably cheap snack and lunch ideas (that can be taken to work) id be very grateful :)

Replies

• kae_blah
    kae_blah Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hi. You are welcome to add me to your friends list. My diary is open to friends so you can see local/familiar brands and get ideas for meals.

I an using 6:1 fasting (was 5:2 but I am close to maintenance).

Air popped popcorn is a great snack. You can add savoury flavours that you but to sprinkle on veges and meat, have the more traditional salt, or a light dusting of icing sugar.

If you have a microwave at work I have found quick oats to be super easy and filling.
  • lil_monkey21
    Options
    Na we dont have microwaves at work which is a pain so can only take ready made stuff
  • kae_blah
    kae_blah Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Cruskits are good. I often eat them plain or with Vegemite but you could have cheese, tomatoes, tinned fish, etc

Fasting is not something that suits everyone. When I started on MFP I would have never considered it.
  • jojojo909090
    jojojo909090 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    More protein and fat are the key to feeling full. Boiled eggs are the perfect snack, and fill you up :)
  • shadowlydarkness
    shadowlydarkness Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    These are the snacks I love and have filled my cupboard with so I always have some healthy options to grab when I feel the munchies coming.

- Special K cereal bars, caramel or raspberry flavour are less then 100 cals each and perfect for a sweet fix.
    - Belvita biscuits, a pack of 4 biscuits comes to around 230 cals depending on what flavour you buy
    - Vitaweat 9 grain crackers, 4 for 100 cals, you can top them with whatever you like or have them plain
    - peckish crackers, bbq flavour, less then 100 cals per bag

Feel free to add me as a friend so you can see my diary.
  • cazza1111
    cazza1111 Posts: 1
    Options
    I find the sculpt protein drinks great - have one with lunch and helps takes the edge off the rest of the day. The premixed ones are great to pop in bag for work.
  • lil_monkey21
    Options
    Thanks loving the special K bars at the mo. Went and got Horleys protein powder as my sister said it would be good after the gym and its low in sugars and everything, Really yum and only $25
  • zummerzet_lou
    zummerzet_lou Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hi -feel free to add me as a friend. I'm down on the South Island ...

How are you getting on with the protein powder?