Introductions

Options

Replies

• sarcosis1
    sarcosis1 Posts: 42
    Options
    Hi!
    I joined this site yesterday. My name is Shep...well that's my nickname. :smile: I'm a college student and I love metal, grunge and punk! \m/ I have already lost 70lbs, I was very overweight. I suffered from a thyroid problem.
    Just looking for some buddies, as I'm new here and I don't really know what I'm doing!
  • CookyBell
    CookyBell Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi there! The names David from Leeds West Yorkshire; a Tyke and proud of it!

And at the moment not only is "grim up North" but its bloody snowing and pretty cold as well! Renowned, supposedly, for our flat caps and whippets this Tyke has dropped for 250 lls to around 195 lbs and is now aiming to increase my lean body mass.

Anyhoo stumbled across this group, wanted to say "hi" so please feel free to add me (or not) and lets see where this journey takes us!
  • xTJSx
    xTJSx Posts: 106
    Options
    Coo eee all ..... new to the group :)

Bit about me ... Almost 46 *sighs , was originally a size 26/28 ( 20 odd stone)after the birth of son 14 years ago, lost a fair amount on weightwatchers then changed to slimming world now giving this ago. Been here a while but have only started seriously on this a month or so ago.
    Love Vodka , Chocolate , Zumba and I'm a purple belt in freestyle karate.
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I'm Jane, in East Yorks. I downloaded the app on my android about 6 months ago, and have lost a stone and a half! And more excitingly, I've dropped a dress size! So in fact, I've thrown off about 10 years as I haven't been this size for that long, and I wasn't this shape then! Another stone and a half to go! But it feels like plain sailing now as I'm steadily losing between 1 - 2 lbs a week.

So all in all, I feel hugely positive about MFP and if I can do it, I'm convinced ANYONE can!
  • mrlazy67
    mrlazy67 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi, I'm new and in London. Lost 6kg over the last few years, but now stuck again. Need some MFP friends so add me!
  • NomadicEmotion
    Options
    Hey there guys! :) I just signed up today and have decided I need to physically journey along with my health & fitness course, so while I wade through the paperwork my body will be doing some of the work too :)
    I have a long way to go as I am one of the least active people I know lol office worker and couch potato at home.. going to be hard to reprogramme the mind and get into routine but the determination is there!!!
    Anybody else here decided to go into education in sync with this healthy lifestyle?
  • Baskerville12
    Options
    Hi there.
    I am a new girl, only joined yesterday but have found I already have that extra focus and determination to shed the excess weight (2 stone) and get fit.
    I am a young 44 and a huge dog lover, I have several dogs of my own so they will be going on longer and faster walks as part of my exercise `upgrade`!
    I live in Hampshire, between Basingstoke and Winchester, anyone else from around this area as it would be great to have some MFP friends nearby for extra support, motivation, tips and possibly the odd social get together, maybe for that special `goal reached` celebration?:smile:
  • ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523
    Options
    Hi, I'm leanne, 32, West Sussex.

Signed back in here in January and have lost 23lbs so far.

Looking to drop down to 11 stone.
  • tamarapeart
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm an American photographer who married an English artist and moved to the UK. I love England! I have battled with my weight my whole life. At one point I weighed over 21 Stone and lost 10 Stone. I'm 152cm I've gained a lot of weight back and am trying to lose 7 Stone, and keep it off this time. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • papillon71
    papillon71 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi, I live in the North East (Geordie lass!) and started my weight loss on January 4th 2013, this year I am determined to get really well and healthy, so far so good. Looking for new UK based MFP friends if you want to send a friend request. I log every day and am very determined with my weight loss this year. :-)
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Hey :)
    I'm Charlotte, I've been on mfp since last summer, was going great till Jan then I lost the motivation, stopped logging, lost my nearly 200 day streak :'( and its taken me till now to get back on track but I am back and staying :D
    And how did I not find this group sooner?!
    x
  • smirf1972
    smirf1972 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Vic, 41 from Devon. Fairly new to MFP, found it purely by accident and lovin it :happy: had already lost 7lbs before joining and lost 3lbs since. Finding it much easier now, keeping an eye on calories is good as i don't do diets.:laugh:
  • amwild1218
    amwild1218 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Alison.
    Currently living in Crystal Lake, Illinois and I have decided I need Brits in my life.

I need their support, encouragement and sense of humor. Americans don't get us (most of the time:).
  • AfricaLatina
    AfricaLatina Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Well good day to all you chaps and fillies :0) I'm Af living in 'bootiful' Norfolk - i'm back on MFP with a real fire in my jelly belly to get it right this time....
    I didn't bother with the support network last time and I think that is partly why it all went pete tong :0)

......anyways, good luck on your challenges/quests for a healthier new you :D xxx
  • hougt
    hougt Posts: 1,088
    Options
    Hey all, Yorkshire bred fat lad here. Only just found this group but been on and off MFP for years. Now properly back on the wagon it is time to get logging and supporting

Anyone can feel free to add me :)
  • jaynegarrod
    jaynegarrod Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Jayne... I have been on a ''Diet'' for 10 years!! and just put it on.. don't think I have been serious or wanted it enough.

I am going to be doing the Hairy Bikers diet.. I want to be able to wear a size 14 ... and be able to wear all the clothes in my cupboard that still have the tags on in sizes 18 , 16..... and then buy a new size 14 wardrobe :-).

The amount of pounds are irrelevant its the clothes that count for me :-)

J :-)
  • Richard253
    Options
    Hi, I am Richard from the isle of Wight only been on here a day or so , anyone wants to add me please feel free to add me
  • runilious
    runilious Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Jonathan 35 years old and joined the site for motivation while i tackled the insanity program.
    I am on the 7th week now and have lost a lot of my chunk so on the lookout for the next workout if anyone has any suggestions :-)
  • Peabody_123
    Peabody_123 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey all.

I am originally from the NE england, spent 10 years living in the MIdlands, and currently live in Norway, missing all things British !!

I am doing 5:2 although some weeks I do 4:3....started the 3rd June and am doing well so far.

Am home in the Uk for 6 weeks soon, I really want to be able to buy some new clothes in the next size down while I am there.

Anyone feel free to add me.
  • jungerjuice
    Options
    Hi, shout out from deepest Devon!

I’ve been on MFP for ages but stupidly never really engaged with any groups and consequently failed to stick to my guns. Everyone needs a bit of help from time to time!

If anyone wants a bit of encouragement, go ahead and add me