Options
Telugammayi87
Telugammayi87 Posts: 170 Member
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tbsp chia seeds
1 packet splenda

GREAT treat and about 85% fat.

High calorie, but I'm going to use it for fat fasting.

Calories: 363
Carbs: 12
Fiber: 11
Fat 38
Protein: 4

that's 1 net carb!

Tastes like chocolate frosting! I put it in the fridge to solidify the oil for tomorrow. Can't wait!! :wink:

Replies

• LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I made a yummy rhubarb dessert that is totally keto friendly as well as gluten free. Neighbor gave us some rhubarb out of his garden. I love rhubarb pie. I just can't eat sugar or pie crust. So, I made this up today:

"Buttery Rhubarb with Whipped Cream".
    Melt 1 stick of butter (1/2 c) in a skillet.
    Add approx. 4 cups chopped rhubarb, the juice of 1/2 lemon, and sweetener to equal 1 c. (I used 1/4t of EZ Sweetz.)

Cook it on the stove top until the rhubarb is mush. (Add a small amount of water during cooking if needed.)

Spoon 1/2 c serving into a bowl and top with 1/4 c of whipped heavy cream.

What I made yielded 5 1/2 c servings.
    1 serving is:
    287 calories
    5g total carb-2g fiber=3g net carbs
    2g protein
    30g fat.

That's 4% carb, 3% protein and 93% fat.

That dessert was my lunch today. &:)
  • JisatsuHoshi
    JisatsuHoshi Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Lol I'll keep that recipie in mind. I mainly eat sugar free jello...
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of sugar free jello too.
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Sounds great Laura. I LOVE rhubarb!
    My go-to is low-carb cheesecake. Mm!
  • 2bmeagain12
    2bmeagain12 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    My favorite: PUMPKIN PIE CHEESECAKE (from the Fat Fast Cookbook)

Ingredients ·         
    10 tablespoons pumpkin puree ·         
    8 ounces cream cheese, softened ·         
    1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice ·         
    15 drops liquid stevia extract ·         
    3 tablespoons heavy cream

Instructions
    1.         Easy! Just use an electric mixer to beat everything together till it’s fluffy.
    2.         Divide into four dishes and chill before serving.

Nutritional Information 4 Servings, each with: 251 Calories; 24g Fat (84.2% calories from fat); 5g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 4g Usable Carbs
  • mrsek09
    mrsek09 Posts: 32
    Options
    I saw this recipe and was curious about it. Guess I know what will be on my next ff menu :)
  • 2bmeagain12
    2bmeagain12 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add that I double the Pumpkin Pie Spice to 2 teaspoons. Also, I make something from the FF Cookbook, even when I'm not fasting just to make sure my fats are up high enough every day.
  • mrsek09
    Options
    One of my favorites is 2 oz cream cheese, 1 packet of true lime crystals, and sweetener to taste.
    198 cals
    2 gms carbs
    20 gms fat
    4 gms of protien
  • JisatsuHoshi
    Options
    One of my favorites is 2 oz cream cheese, 1 packet of true lime crystals, and sweetener to taste.
    198 cals
    2 gms carbs
    20 gms fat
    4 gms of protien

Sounds like something I can put in a cup and store in fridge to make a mini lime-cheese cake
  • kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add that I double the Pumpkin Pie Spice to 2 teaspoons. Also, I make something from the FF Cookbook, even when I'm not fasting just to make sure my fats are up high enough every day.

I agree! Between FF Cookbook and some other super-high fat recipes (bullet-proof coffee, coconut custard, Deviled Eggs) it's easy to get those fat levels up.
  • LoveDreamSmile
    Options
    All of these recipes sound super good! Will be trying very soon! =-)
  • mrsek09
    Options
    It tastes like crustless cheesecake. If I am feeling REALLY adventurous, I put a teaspoon of almond butter in the bottom of the cup.
  • Jennyflies
    Jennyflies Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Lol I'll keep that recipie in mind. I mainly eat sugar free jello...

I love love love sugar free jello. Land -o-lakes makes a sugar free whipped cream that Ill usually spray on top of it when i want something fancy :)
  • JisatsuHoshi
    Options
    I'll look for that whipped cream next time I go to the store. I can see me just eating it from the can lol.
  • Jennyflies
    Jennyflies Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Lol, I'll admit some times i just go to the fridge and take it straight from the can. It's soooo good! lol
  • NurseU2BeFit
    NurseU2BeFit Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Brownie Cheesecake (Low carb & Gluten/grain free)

Yield: 10 servings
    A creamy vanilla cheesecake filling atop a rich brownie crust. Two desserts in one! Low Carb and Gluten-Free
    Ingredients Brownie Base:
    ½ cup butter
    2 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
    ½ cup almond flour
    ¼ cup cocoa powder
    pinch salt
    2 large eggs
    ¾ cup Swerve Sweetener or granulated erythritol
    ¼ tsp vanilla
    ¼ cup walnuts or pecans, chopped

Cheesecake Filling:
    1 lb cream cheese, softened
    2 large eggs
    ½ cup Swerve Sweetener or granulated erythritol
    ¼ cup heavy cream
    ½ tsp vanilla extract

Instructions For the brownie base,
    preheat oven to 325F and butter a 9-inch springform pan. Wrap bottom of pan in foil. In a microwave safe bowl or glass measuring cup, melt butter and chocolate together in the microwave in 30 second increments. Whisk until smooth. Alternatively, you can melt them together over low heat in a small saucepan. In a small bowl, whisk together almond flour, cocoa powder and salt. In a large bowl, beat eggs, Swerve and vanilla until smooth. Beat in almond flour mixture, then butter/chocolate mixture until smooth. Stir in nuts. Spread evenly over bottom of prepared pan. Bake 15 minutes.

For the filling, reduce oven temperature to 300F. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in eggs, Swerve, cream and vanilla until well combined. Pour filling over crust and place cheesecake on a large cookie sheet. Bake until edges are set and center just barely jiggles, 35 to 40 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. Run a knife around edges to loosen and then remove sides of pan. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 3 hours. Serve with sugar-free chocolate sauce or ganache.

Notes Serves 10. Each serving has 6.2 g of carbs and 2.1 g of fiber. Total NET CARBS = 4.1 g.

Read more at http://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/2013/02/brownie-cheesecake-low-carb-and-gluten-free.html#WjqrFQ6JyHqkboHC.99
  • kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I made that cheesecake a few weeks ago. It. Is. AWESOME. I did feel that it would be improved with a thinner brownie - the almond meal brownies have a drier, more crumbly texture vs a traditional brownie. So increasing the ratio of cheesecake to brownie I thought might give a slight improvement. That said - my comments are a nit, and it is a wonderful dessert.

We only have two people in our household, and cut it into 12 servings. We wrapped individual slices and froze them, and that worked really well..

Hmmm... might go have myself a piece of brownie cheesecake right now ;-)