Extra energy on Keto?

Options
kholcomb51
kholcomb51 Posts: 54 Member
(Apologies if this is an old topic. I did a search and didn't find anything.) I've been doing a Keto diet since Monday, have lost almost 3 lbs. (yay!), and feel almost overwhelmingly energetic. Seriously, I'm practically giddy. I also feel less anxious and just, well, happier. What is it??? Anyone else having a similar experience? I used a Keto stick this morning for the first time, and had a positive reading, so know I've been eating right.

Replies

• fablevins
    fablevins Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    You're lucky. I haven't noticed extra energy, but I don't go through an evening slump anymore.
  • JisatsuHoshi
    JisatsuHoshi Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Keto is like putting your self in survival mode. usually you'll feel more energetic, and alert.
  • gmansmom2
    gmansmom2 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Yes! More energy, less anxiety, less depression, milder normal swings, better skin, healthier shiny hair, the list goes on and on. Enjoy!
  • mrsek09
    mrsek09 Posts: 32
    Options
    As I have adapted (10 months on keto), I find that the energy spike is slightly less. However, the 3pm "energy wall" is gone. I tend to find that I have more constant energy. I also find that I don't tend to get as ravenous.
  • kholcomb51
    Options
    I imagine the weight loss and energy will even out some, but looking forward to all the good effects!
  • kholcomb51
    Options
    Thanks!
  • 2bmeagain12
    2bmeagain12 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    My energy is better, but I personally never experienced the boost that many do. I no longer desire an afternoon nap. Doesn't mean it doesn't happen from time to time, but it's become more of a want than a need.
  • kholcomb51
    Options
    My energy is better, but I personally never experienced the boost that many do. I no longer desire an afternoon nap. Doesn't mean it doesn't happen from time to time, but it's become more of a want than a need.

I used to get that afternoon crash too sometimes, and almost always it was after a carby breakfast and lunch. Now I know. I don't think the crazy energy boost will stick around, just hope I keep at least some of it. I was wondering about it because I read all these posts of people doing Keto and feeling really tired. Not everyone, apparently!
  • kholcomb51
    Options
    As I have adapted (10 months on keto), I find that the energy spike is slightly less. However, the 3pm "energy wall" is gone. I tend to find that I have more constant energy. I also find that I don't tend to get as ravenous.

3 p.m. for me too! And 3 a.m. for waking up and not getting back to sleep. The "magic" number. Anyway, good to know that you have more steady energy, if not so dramatic. I think that sounds healthier. I do feel hungry when I'm hungry, but don't go around looking for snacks all the time. :smile:
  • kholcomb51
    Options
    Yes! More energy, less anxiety, less depression, milder normal swings, better skin, healthier shiny hair, the list goes on and on. Enjoy!

Better skin and hair too? Looking forward to it! Thanks!
  • kholcomb51
    Options
    Keto is like putting your self in survival mode. usually you'll feel more energetic, and alert.

Good to know. Thanks! I read people saying their brains feel foggy (as well as their bodies), but so far that's not my experience.