Welcome! Now what?

Options
MrsRando
MrsRando Posts: 155 Member
We've helped each other through so much over the last months. Swollen feet, aching backs, hemorrhoids, high blood pressure, ultrasounds, picking names, the ever dreaded mucus plugs, contractions, and "should I be worried?"s. Now that our LO's are here the question is;

Now what?

I know that I need to lose this weight. I know that I feel overwhelmed even thinking about it. So I'm starting small. No soda. Log my food. That's what I'm doing now. What are you doing now?

Replies

• alm2917
    alm2917 Posts: 2
    Options
    I like your goals. I also need to get this weight off! My pre-pregnancy weight was 153. 188 at delivery, and 165 right now. I started Insanity 2 weeks ago and did great the first whole week. The second week, LO did not want to cooperate, and I was hurting (maybe too much, too fast?) so I just quit altogether. So, my new goal is 1. Do something active every day, even if it's just a small walk. 2. STOP eating cookies all freaking day!!! :)
  • MrsRando
    Options
    Those are great goals! The cookies will definitely be added to mine soon, lol. I love sweets and I know it's gotten out of hand for sure.
  • kayeaman
    kayeaman Posts: 5
    Options
    I figured out how to join! Had to log in online and not use my app. Anywho, I think you have set some great goals for yourself. I plan on portion control. Only 3 sodas a week and taking the boys on a walk 2-3 times a week.

We can do it ladies!!
  • MrsRando
    Options
    Those are great goals too! I am going to wait to schedule activity because my schedule is so up in the air right now. I know I will get discouraged when I don't get to it the way I want.
  • mommyofjandj
    Options
    Thanks so much for starting this group! My goals are to cut back on sweets and to run four days a week.
  • MrsRando
    Options
    did you run before?

The first time I started this process I wanted to run but it always hurt the outside of my foot.
  • mommyofjandj
    Options
    Yes, I've been running since I was 13 and am 33 now. I love it! If anything hurts, that is never good. Do you have a running shoe store near you? I am in the Boston area and there is a store called Marathon Sports and they watch how you run and then fit you with a pair of shoes that fits your running style.
  • kayeaman
    Options
    Today was not my day!!! I am so stressed that I'm stress eating. I had 2 manwiches, fries, and I'm about to eat a donut...no stopping me!!
  • MrsRando
    Options
    mommyofjandj - we do have a running store near me. I bought a pair of running sneaks online but I don't think they were right for my feet. Once I lose some weight I'll probably be going to get fitted.

kayeaman - Today was not my day either :(
  • mommyofjandj
    Options
    Yeah... I ended up having ice ream after bing good all day yesterday...that is just what I have to stop doing!!
  • jessschoonmaker
    jessschoonmaker Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My goal is to add more vegetables into my diet to help me get full with fewer calories.
  • bombshell_in_progress
    bombshell_in_progress Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My goal is to eat the correct portions, stay within my calorie limit, and try to workout everyday.
  • MrsRando
    Options
    Excellent goals! The great thing about these goals is that they are realistic and attainable.
  • cmendlik
    cmendlik Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Portion control and my husband and I are going to try some smoothie dieting this week and see how it goes.
  • jacnorris7
    Options
    So glad we are all getting together to help loose this weight!! I gained 50lbs during pregnancy and only lost 15 after delivery. I've lost another 10 so far and I am 8 weeks pp. I have 25 to get back to prepreggo and another 10 to get to my goal. I was actually dieting and doing well and then found out about baby and let myself go :( I know my body requires that I watch what I eat and exercise in order to loose. I am pretty good about watching what I eat, but I am not doing well at exercising. I had a csection so I use it as an excuse sometimes, but it really does still scare me :( It starts to hurt if I push too hard, so I just don't push myself.

Anyone else have a csection before or now? how are you or did you deal with the fear?
  • amber1214s
    amber1214s Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My biggest thing is that my hubby can eat whatever he wants and not gain weight. So I buy him the food he enjoys (chips, pudding, cookies, etc) and when he isn't home, I am tempted with all that food. Ugh.

Plus pasta, rice, and potatoes. I could LIVE off pasta. ugh.
  • kayeaman
    Options
    Mmmm I'm a huge carb lover. :) I wish carbs never existed....actually, I lied I think I'd die without them.
  • MrsRando
    Options
    Love carbs and sweets. Plus when cooking on a budget it's easy to use carbs as a filler.
  • amber1214s
    amber1214s Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I agree! I took the summer off from teaching (I usually teach summer school), and with only one income, its so much easier/cheaper to buy carbs.
    Love carbs and sweets. Plus when cooking on a budget it's easy to use carbs as a filler.
  • lesleymarie2810
    lesleymarie2810 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! Thanks for adding me! I have a few goals!

1) To lose another 10 - 15 pounds. I'm below my pre-pregnancy weight but I started out over weight.

2) To run a full marathon by this time next year! I used to run all the time but then I hurt my knee, started to gain weight and then got pregnant. Hopefully, it won't be to bad! My 1st 5k race is Aug 24. I'm hoping little races will keep me up my motavation up!

3) I would like to give up Dr. Pepper but I'm not sure if I will. Its my drug of choice and I only drink it once or twice a week.