Who's exercising?

Options
MrsRando
MrsRando Posts: 155 Member
Aprill Mommas!

Someone asked how I was able to get two hours of housework done today. That got me to thinking; who is able to get exercise in? What's your secret?

Replies

• jessschoonmaker
    jessschoonmaker Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have started going to swim practice a couple days a week again. It is in the morning before baby wakes up or after she goes to sleep. My husband just keeps an ear open and takes care of her if she needs something.
  • MrsRando
    Options
    I'm already getting up at 5 to take care of baby and get ready for work. My husband takes care of the baby during day and then goes to work when I get home. It's making it difficult, in my mind, to schedule exercise.
  • cmendlik
    cmendlik Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Only when I get the chance. No secrets, I just do it when I can. Housework burns a lot more than you would think though.
  • bombshell_in_progress
    bombshell_in_progress Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I exercise with my baby right now walking and such. I am trying to get into the routine of working out first then add some strength training etc.
  • amber1214s
    amber1214s Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Anyone have the Wii Fit? Is it worth getting?
  • ler2665
    ler2665 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    There is a paved trail about a mile from me, so we take the stroller and go for a 2 mile walk before lunch (the sidewalks in my neighborhood are too old & I feel bad for LO with all the cracks & bumps!!). The last week or so, though, it's been too hot and stormy! :-( Luckily breastfeeding helps me still hit my calorie goal but I really like when I get to eat those extra 200 cals from the exercise!
  • MrsRando
    Options
    I want to start walking but haven't been able to get into the habit. We've had family in for the last 4 weeks so we've not been able to get into a schedule.
  • mommyofjandj
    Options
    My son loves the jogging stroller, so we go out in that a few times a week. We also have a treadmill and elliptical at home. When I go back to work on July 22, there is a gym in my building and I am going to use that t lunch.
  • leighf84
    leighf84 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Every evening after lo is asleep I clean do dishes laundry and pick up... When he is asleep for his afternoon nap I am doing P90X 7 days a week and 3 nights a week I run with him in my jogger which he enjoys. It is hard as hell to stay motivated but I am determined to get back in shape sine we are going to the beach n September and I do not want to keep hiding from the camera with my new baby... I am already concerned he is going to wonder why I am never in pictures lol
  • MrsRando
    Options
    I understand that! Last night MIL was taking pictures and I hid behind DH!