No Late-Night-Snacking ("LNS") in June, 2013!

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,985 Member
    Options
    Me: 16
    LNS: 3

ruh-roh, I['m totally on a downward spiral now....
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Me: 12
    LNS: 4

Odd thing is...I stuck to protein (turkey jerky) even though it was late (very), and my tummy's flat today.
  • lucypaige_
    lucypaige_ Posts: 87
    Options
    Everyone's doing such a great job this month :D

Me: 17
  • AprilRenewed
    Options
    And...I'm not. But I needed more protein! What do you do when you don't feel your body needing it until it's late? My body is so trained...ugh.

Me: 12
    LNS: 5
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    June 20

ME: 20
    LNS: 0
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    And...I'm not. But I needed more protein! What do you do when you don't feel your body needing it until it's late? My body is so trained...ugh.

Untrain it! :P It's good to listen to your body's needs, I wouldn't take the point away from eating right, even if late. This challenge is about munching and junk snacking late. A cup of strawberries shouldn't be punished :P.
    On the other hand, give your body the protein it needs earlier in the day (allow your brain to make the rules ;)) and then see if you have the same need at night. If this were the case, then maybe this is the way your body functions.
    I must say I haven't done any research into this (for me the right food is the right food, regardless of the time of the day). So this is just my 2 penny... ;)

Keep up the good job, April! We are happy to have you here and this isn't supposed to be easy or work right away. I am working on it every month as if it were my first ;).
  • dewdrop
    Options
    lamlam, I :love: the sight of the 0 in your reports. Keep it that way! Almost just one more week left!

Diana, welcome! :flowerforyou: You have definitely come to the right place. :flowerforyou:

Me, try harder :tongue:. We had guests and finished dinner late. I had eaten right but little throughout the day. I don't feel guilty, but I don't like eating after 9 p.m., so I'll give myself a warning point :tongue::

Me: 2 - LNS: 1 (started mid June, so I'll see this as training for July :laugh:)
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    alright - I'll stop the LNS at 3 - it'll have been the BEST month since ever I recorded here at mfp!

So:

Yesterday was a "me" night!
  • lucypaige_
    Options
    Slipped tonight but my eating was off today so what do you expect ey

LNS: 4
  • lucypaige_
    Options
    Me: 18
  • AprilRenewed
    Options
    Camping weekend = late nights/weird eating schedules = eating late LATE LATE at night. I'm okay with it, though, and back on track tonight.

Me: 13
    LNS: 7

Thanks, dewdrop. I'm better than I was 21 days ago, so I'm happy!

Though...should I count Friday and Sunday? I didn't eat poorly,and it was more a matter of late meals all day than snacking just to snack. So maybe I get those days?
  • dewdrop
    Options
    "Bad" weekend (we had a party which turned out good :happy:):
    Me: 3 - LNS: 3 (not very successful at practicing for July, duh!)

April, the purpose of the cut-off is more to restrict the snacking after dinner. Sometimes we can't control dinner time, as it's not entirely up to us. However, if dinner was right before bed, I'd try to be careful with that. Unless it's a really light meal, eating right before bed is imo not a good idea.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Me: 21

I had a terrible weekend, calorie-wise, but it really wasn't due to "late-night-snacking" - it was 100% due to grazing/snacking all evening long! But, at cut-off time, I *did* quit.

Crazy.

I gotta pull myself together!
  • AprilRenewed
    Options
    Okay, I think I'm going to revise mine, then. My dinner's weren't right before bed, they were just really late. So I'm going to say:

Me: 15

I'm so tired tonight, it won't be an issue. LOL. And later in the week, my dinners will be late again, but it won't be snacking. I have to commute to DC for training, so I'll get home later...workout...eat...then chill for an hour or so before going to bed to do it all over again. My point is, I think this weekend will be easy to not let LNS take control!
  • dewdrop
    Options
    :grumble: Me: 3 - LNS: 4. Not well.
  • AprilRenewed
    Options
    Chin up, dewdrop! It's another day!

Me: 16
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Me: 21
  • laurynanym
    laurynanym Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I found this group. I can do good all day and then I'm watching tv late at night with noodles and cheese! Aargh!!! I should mention that for my health (not just weight) I need to stop LNS as I'm not supposed to lay down until I haven't eaten for 3 hours because of my acid reflux. I'll start tracking tonight and post tomorrow. Good luck to us all!
  • lucypaige_
    Options
    Me: 20

I went to an all-you-can-eat buffet Monday and I have 0 regrets. The dessert was top.
  • laurynanym
    laurynanym Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    June 25, 2013

Me: 1
    LNS: 0