Goals!?

Options
First off, yayy! I found the group! Thank you for creating it! I think now that I know other people that are in the same situation as I am (post baby, wanting to work out again) I'm even more motivated to start up again!! Ekk! :)

I decided to splurge on myself the past few weeks, I've bought workout dvds, new weights, yoga mat, thigh slimmers (water weight) new headphones etc. All in preparation for my workout routine I hope to do daily, even if its just a little bit.

Anyways I've always found that writing things down helps motivate me and well.. kinda of hold me accountable so that's why I made this thread. I figure we can share our goals and every once and a while come back and share our progression

My goals:

To eat better. And more. Ever since sky was born I have very little appetite and mostly snack throughout the day. I'm lucky if I get one actual hot meal a day.

To gain muscle. I would love to be back up to my old 140-150lbs with muscle. Prepreggo I was 130 (not working out)) and up to 150-155 at delivery. Now close to 10 weeks pp I'm down to 115-120. My goal is not to lose weight but to lose fat and gain muscle.

To tone and tighten EVERYTHING! Lol

I have more but baby girl is hungry, ill come back later! :)

Replies

• bombshell_in_progress
    bombshell_in_progress Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    What kind of dvds did you buy? I went out and splurged on some workout clothes in hopes of motivating myself. My goals are to tighten and tone right now. I want to get more fruits and vegetables in my diet and eat the correct portions. I was 183 at delivery and am down to 160 and would like to reach my goal of 135. When i get closer to my goal i think i will focus more on muscle building but right now just want to lose this weight.
  • MrsRando
    MrsRando Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm really glad I made the group. I've been part of groups on here before but I think because we "know" each other from a different part of our lives it will better motivate me.

I only set two goals. 1) only water, coffee, unsweet tea (basically no soda or sugary drinks). 2) log my food every day.

DH asked if I was going to try and watch what I eat and I told him no. The idea is to log everything and, knowing me, I will start watching what I eat because I will hate going over.

Once I am doing the above two things without issue I will add more goals, likely scheduling exercise. I did this to avoid burn out. I have a tendency of throwing myself into things and becoming overwhelmed. I've also got a lot going on with the fam so I don't want to feel like I've failed if I create too loft goals.
  • lladamic
    lladamic Posts: 1
    Options
    Happy to see everyone here!

I joined MFP after I had my daughter and it really helped me see where I was eating worthless calories (soda, salad dressing, chips etc). I'm excited to be here again.

My husband and actually have a bet going. We are both trying to lose the same % of weight so it helps with accountability.

My goal is to get down to 138. I've started with logging everything I eat and trying to do some sort of workout every day. I have the Insanity DVDs, an elliptical and some free weights. So lots of stuff that I can do at home.

Now if my kids would just cooperate during nap time I would be golden. :)
  • MrsRando
    MrsRando Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    My husband dropped 30 lbs :( He works in a kitchen so he's on his feet moving (exercise) and he stopped eating so much. Now it's my turn to catch up to him.
  • leighf84
    leighf84 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My goals are to eat clean and as much organic as possible
    -For weight loss I want to lose 20 lbs to get back to pre prego weight ... then get back on track with what I was working on before baby and hopefully get down to a muscular 150ish, I am 5'9 at 170 I am not at all big but at 190 nothing is pretty about that:-(
  • JungleFitness
    JungleFitness Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My goal is to live a healthier life by eating healthy and being healthy. I want to tone my abs, thighs and bum. Currently I weigh 131lbs and I have no problem with my weight but I know I am going to lose weigh as I try to tone and lose inches. I do not want to get smaller than 120lbs. Before I got pregnant with my 1st child I was 109lbs (never want to be that small again). I gained 39lbs with my daughter. After giving birth to her (01.10.09) I went from 148lbs to 123lbs. Before I got pregnant with my son I was 132lbs and only gained 16lbs. After giving birth to him (04.10.13) I went from 148lbs to 131lbs.
  • KGraham785
    Options
    My goals are to lose twenty more lbs(30 to be pre-pregnancy weight) and to log my food every day.Also, I either need to walk every day or get on my stationary bike for some cardio. I'm not usually a very active person so getting up and moving is my biggest challenge. I've been doing it for a month and have lost ten of the original forty lbs I was over at my six week check up so yay! It's working. Lol. As a result of my logging my food, I'm definitely eating healthier. I've never been able to diet well(usually stayed skinny without it except during and after pregnancy) but I'm mainly just watching portions now. I didn't realize just how horribly I was eating before. An added plus, my skin looks so much better since fast food has been cut out. I don't even wear foundation any more and I've been wearing it since I was twelve to cover skin discolorations.