Logging a binge

Options
Hi I'm new to myfitnesspal. I was wondering your approach when it comes to tracking food if you track your binges as well. Do you normally log it in your food diary or not. Any advice on this?

Replies

• b7bbs
    b7bbs Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I usually log in my binges, but not until the next day sometimes. I usually binge at night, and then end up going to sleep. Then I wake up, and feel guilty that my diary is open, but it's not accurate. I binged yesterday when I got home from work, but I logged in it today.

It's important to log everything so can take at good look at what you're doing. Not sure if what I said will help, but I try and log in all my binges.
  • MyChange4Life
    Options
    Thanks b7bbs :)
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Definitely log it! Like the above poster, I usually binge at night then I pass out, then the next morning obviously I feel GROSS and I force myself to log everything. One thing I am working on is to log BEFORE eating. That should minimize the binge damage and make me stop earlier (hopefully)
  • SarahRea32
    SarahRea32 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I always let how I feel dictate that. If I know that logging it will be more harmful to me than not logging (as in my frame of mind is still bad and logging will make me feel guiltier etc and potentially lead to a second day of bingeing) then I won't do it. If I feel more in control and I've figured out what my trigger was and feel confident that I will get back on track then i will log it, as I have MFP friends that I really value that also have a problem with binging and I think it's important to be honest - sometimes knowing that someone who is generally 'recovered' still slips can be helpful to those that are still stuck in the thick of BED. you need to figure out what works for you. Having said that I do know that most therapists will recommend logging everything as the first step in overcoming this problem. Good luck :)
  • AnneMarieCaroline
    Options
    I had a major binge day, starting with choosing to go out to eat which we rarely do because of the expense. Went to a nice restaurant and had a good meal. Then went dropped hubby and the kids off at home, told them I was going to the gym, but proceeded to hit several fast food places on top of just having had a good meal. Eating out is a major trigger for me. I always want more when I get home. I logged everything and found that I ate almost 5,000 calories today alone. Boy, am I glad I found this group. I will pray for all of us.