Clothing Frustrations

Options
smacmillan86
smacmillan86 Posts: 153 Member
So I have lost just over 25lbs, and all my clothes minus 2 pairs of pants still fit. Is it strange that this actually upsets me? I know with such a great amount to lose it's going to take a lot longer to show, but c'mon let me go down a size! lol

Replies

• stacetherainbow
    Options
    I'm experiencing the same issue! I'm happy that I'm seeing the scale move down but feel as though buying a smaller size will be a real benchmark
    One of these days though, we're going to be so annoyed with having to buy new stuff all the time!!
  • Kristy7418
    Kristy7418 Posts: 85
    Options
    Great work on what you have lost! Since I started eating better I have probably lost about 10# though I'm not calculating any weight loss before I got a scale. I'm upset none of my clothes don't feel like they are fitting any loser AT ALL :/ But I know it takes time and I have to keep at it.
  • tokig0313
    tokig0313 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Everyone's different as we all tend to carry our weight differently. I know I'm down one size since I started, but in fairness my pants fit absolutely perfectly back in December when I was 322 since I'd bought them for that trip. I was really hoping that since I'd lost a size I'd be able to pull off loosing one more before July when I see my boyfriend again, but I'm not sure if I'll make that progress.

Have your tops changed any? I know I'm noticing that they are fitting looser even if I'm not down a full top size.
  • smacmillan86
    Options
    My legs, back, arms, and under my chest have all shrunk. It seems like I will have stubborn belly fat, and finding proper fitting dresses because of it has been next to impossible!

In reality it'll be nice to go through the rest of the year wearing most of the same clothes, so I won't need to buy new summer/fall/winter coats etc. It's just frustrating!
  • tokig0313
    Options
    I never find dresses look right on me as I'm short and likely need to get most shortened as well but can't envision the altered dress while standing there looking at myself in the mirrors at the stores. Hoping as I slim down more, I might be convinced to try them on again.
  • SandiW02
    SandiW02 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    My clothes are just fitting better. However, I have noticed that within a few hours of getting dressed my pants are falling to my hips. I would not got down a size just yet though. My top had gone from a 3X = to a 1x - 2x depending on the cut/manufacturer. I am pleased with how I look in my clothes right now (I have an array of sizes with my yo yo diets).

Just remember we all loose differently and in different places. Have you noticed a change in your bra? I have!
  • tokig0313
    Options
    Hehe your comment about bras made me smile. Occasionally I wear pants with no pockets... where does my cellphone go? Uou guessed it. Anyways, I nearly lost my phone a few weeks ago and had to spend time tightening the straps on all my bras to keep the girls in place.
  • SandiW02
    SandiW02 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I hear you - my boobs are the first to go LOL.
  • miranda823
    miranda823 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Are you taking body measurements along with your weigh ins? Seeing that you're losing inches might help with that frustration. I hear you though, I'm in between a 16-18 right now and it's so frustrating. I can't quite wear 16 comfortably but the 18 looks terrible. I should mention that I was wearing 18 thirty pounds ago so the fact that I can't happily fit in the 16 is a little frustrating.
  • smacmillan86
    Options
    Oh I'm losing inches, just over 28 inches in total so far. I blame the stretchy fabric most clothes are made of now, makes them able to fit more of a variety of sizes.
  • tokig0313
    Options
    Oh I'm losing inches, just over 28 inches in total so far. I blame the stretchy fabric most clothes are made of now, makes them able to fit more of a variety of sizes.

I find the stretchy fabric good and bad. It's good in the sense that those pants seem to be more forgiving when you're in between sizes, but I find most of them don't have belt loops and I seem to have days where they just won't stay up, but they'll fit fine a few days later (guessing it's just body's adjusting and proportion of waist vs hips on those days)