In the mail

Options
PamelaC4
PamelaC4 Posts: 1 Member
Hello DDP group :)
I just ordered my DDP DVD set on Friday and cant wait for it to come in the mail!
Just wondering if anybody has any advice for a fresh beginner or fun stories about their DDP experience so far?

Replies

• Gwen7121
    Gwen7121 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    No advice here, but just received my dvds this weekend. I haven't started yet, but plan to jump into it tonight.:)
  • StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Hello DDP group :)
    I just ordered my DDP DVD set on Friday and cant wait for it to come in the mail!
    Just wondering if anybody has any advice for a fresh beginner or fun stories about their DDP experience so far?

My main advice is take it at your own pace!

There are varying standard of people in the DVDs which is great - some are only part of the way through their weightloss, and everyone can take the poses to different levels.

Don't be afraid of trying something and falling over - I'm sure you have seen Arthur's video where he falls over a gazillion times, but gets up a gazillion and one times!

Most of all enjoy it!
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I agree with that advice. Don't be afraid to "modify" positions, go into "Safety Zone" or even hit pause if you feel that you need to do so. Some positions are simply going to be more difficult for some people. After five months, I still have trouble with a few of them (mostly due to balance issues).

The workouts are fantastic. I swear by them. They've been my primary workout since I started taking care of myself, and I'm doing a thousand times better.
  • kiwipez
    kiwipez Posts: 144
    Options
    I invested in a heart monitor - not from ddp, - I use that to calculate the calories burned.
  • DestroyTheOpposition
    DestroyTheOpposition Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I love DDP yoga! You won't be dissapointed! Best thing is... you will get what you put into it!