JMBR - resistance cable

Options
tealskater
tealskater Posts: 38 Member
Hi all - when I started JMBR, I didn't get the cable with my program so I bought the nearest equivalent I could find at the time - a set of pilates bands. However, having done Workout 5 for the first time tonight, I have realised that the bands are too short, so I am going to have to look for something more suitable. So, my question is - can someone please tell me how long the cable is as a rough guide for when I am looking for one?

Thanks!!

Replies

• karint74
    karint74 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I think the cables they use are *extra* long. I bought the heavy resistance cable from Target (Reebok brand, I think). It's 5 feet long from handle to handle. It was perfect...until Workout 5! I couldn't even begin to extend my arms on the cable flys and cable punches. That third circuit is one of the hardest in the whole program. So I got the medium resistance cable. It was till too hard by the second go-round. The light resistance one is just right. They are all 5 feet long.
  • Schninie
    Schninie Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I did wit 5&6 just starting 7&8 and I found the cable I bought from Sports Durect to be too small... Grrrrr
  • mickeyksu
    mickeyksu Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    http://www.jillianmichaelsbodyrevolution.com/drtv/ecs/resistance-cables.html

Just saw this on her site. Not sure which one I will order. What do you guys think? I'm halfway through phase 1.

Heather in KS
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Not sure how much you are willing to spend but I bought these for JMBR and they are the perfect length (I am 5'0" tall so that may make a difference). And it is a multi-pack so you can go up in resistance as you need.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002L6WO5U/ref=oh_details_o08_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

edit: they also have a lifetime breakage guarantee
  • kymkan
    kymkan Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I am a cheapo so I bought mine at wal-mart. I just bought the medium one (yellow) and I used it for the whole program :)

GOOD LUCK!
  • aimeeworsham
    aimeeworsham Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    if it makes all of you feel better- mine did come with the cable- BUT it is NOT the same cable they are using in the videos- mine is MUCH MUCH shorter than theirs - I find myself unable to do certain workouts- i try really hard but my cable is WAY shorter...and I am obviously no where near their SHAPE. ha! workout 6/7
  • Scilla887
    Scilla887 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You are able to purchase just the cable alone on the website http://www.jillianmichaelsbodyrevolution.com/drtv/ecs/resistance-cables.html It's on sale right now. That is where I purchased mine.
  • kestie77
    kestie77 Posts: 39
    Options
    I got the one with the dvds and so far I think it is too long. Maybe it's because I haven't gottent o 5 yet, but I waste a lot of time triple wrapping the band around my feet. I can't get the cinch thing to stay well for me. That being said, mine is 108 inches from each end.