FromHereOnOut
FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
tumblr_mimfc0evbQ1rxr80mo1_500.jpg

Replies

• maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone!

Its Monday, the start of a new week....love that!

Today is going to be a rest day for me, I am working today and have to run some errands after work. It is drizzly out and yucky....and speaking of temperatures it is giving a high of 20*C which converts to 68*F (checked it out online, lol) That is a typical day where I live. It rarely goes above 75*F here. Inland it does, but I am on the coast so it usually stays fairly coolish.

Saturday I did an 8K run and yesterday 5K. It has been awhile since I've done my strength workout, and I know I should get to it.

Its going to be a very busy week here for me. My youngest son will be graduating from highschool :cry: so there will be a prom and a graduation this week. Then, on the weekend my sister is getting married so we will be travelling for that. On sunday, my hubby is doing an Ironman (he has been doing this kind of stuff for years) so there will be travel for that as well. Kind of can't wait for next week!

Have a good day all!
  • PamHealthMission
    PamHealthMission Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Howdy from Texas everyone!

Starting off being 84 degrees and sunny with forecast in the low 90s today.
    This is my mid-year “rest week” that will involve only light cardio 3 days and stretching/flexibility 2 days. Completed Leslie Sansone Fast 4 Miles interval walking DVD (51 minutes) and by the end of mile #2 I was already “glistening”.

I have to do grocery shopping and other small errands today.

Maureen - rest days are sweet and I just came off of two over the weekend. You have so much exciting things to do this week. Congrats to your youngest son graduating and you are near the empty nest syndrome. It can take some getting used to as our children become young adults. Big congrats to your sister on her upcoming marriage and WTG to your DH on the Iron Man participation!!

Alright, let me go get things done and wishing each of you a marvelous Monday!
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Congrats M on son graduating, I am empty nester for many years and while I loved raising my daughters, I love my freedom too!

After two days of 6-8 miles of walking each day, taking day off.

We are going to locks to see the salmon run, and then on way home I am stopping at this great nursery to buy flowers and a few rose bushes.

Living in the mountains is great but sometimes you just can't get what you want.

Oh, I bought new bathing suit on sale at Nordstrom for less than Macy's price $80. It has small shorts and top that covers my last ten pounds! Lol. I wanted so much to have my teen body back.

The styles this year are old lady yuck or bikini, I was happy to finally find one inbetween.

Had to have large glass of wine after trying them on. In my clothes I look pretty good now, but naked in front of 3 well lighted mirrors in swim suits? Oy vey!!
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    ughhhhhhhh! just too hot.

Unfortunately I did nothing today. It was too hot to sleep last night, so I was awake til 5:30am. Then it was just so hot the rest of the day too. I had to take a nap this afternoon to catch up on the lost sleep (and being completely still was the only option in this heat anyway). I kept thinking that maybe by night time I could do something...but here it is night time and I just got off a video call with my parents (Mom just got out of the hospital, after a scary incident this weekend) and I cannot get cooled down at all. It was a holiday here and most people took a long weekend to go to the beach (I kept trying to tell my husband, but he didn't believe me that it was a holiday and he went to work anyway, but then came home a couple of hours early when he realized that whether it was due to a holiday or heat--nobody was working in his industry.) sigh. There will be days like this and I just have to accept it, I guess.

Tomorrow I have the kids all day--my son will go to the tutor and I'll have lil girl with me in this heat. My husband is going after work to get the beach house ready for July, so he'll be gone all day. With the heat, there's not much chance of doing anything--same as today. But if we start hitting the beach regularly in July, then I will maybe get some swimming and running by the sea done...but without internet connection, I guess I'll not get to log onto MFP. :frown:

Maureen, congrats for your son's graduation (even if it is sad to see him growing up). Congrats to your sister too. Hope the Iron Man goes well for your husband.

Pam, have a great rest week. It's your "rest week", and you're still getting more done than me!

Marla, your day sounds sooooo nice compared to mine! Salmon run. Buying flowers and rose bushes. Just being in the cool mountains! AHHHHHhhhhhhh.

Okay, I'm just gonna go over to a corner and melt now. Later!
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options

Had to have large glass of wine after trying them on. In my clothes I look pretty good now, but naked in front of 3 well lighted mirrors in swim suits? Oy vey!!

Had to reply to this. haha! Funny, but totally relatable. Hearing that my mother-in-law is coming to visit and so my husband is getting the beach house ready has sent me into a panic. I had already backed out of going away to the island in August, but the beach house is near Athens and I have no excuse for not going in July. That means I have to get into a bathing suit. Aaaack!! I'm going to need A LOT of wine!!! :noway:
  • Hurdisnie1
    Hurdisnie1 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Greetings from California...it humid here we are not use to it. So weird thing happened to me today.

I go to take my mom on a walk and within 5min started feel different ..started to sweat ..which i hardly ever do...outside of killer cardio so my legs began to itch extremely intense itch. I rub them which made it worse...my hands began to swell and my feet . Then i became nauseated . I of course started to flip out,but as panic set in i realized i was with my mom who couldn't really help me,although she did pick up that something was wrong. I wonder if its the humidity....I'm not sure what it was besides an anxiety attack now I'm trying to figure out why?
    This morning i did my 3.5 min plank
    I only walked 2miles ...although it seemed 20...

Monday Monday Monday
  • Hurdisnie1
    Hurdisnie1 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Congrats Maureen ...on son,wedding and I'M...

I just cut some jeans to work as my bathing suit coverup ....but I'm rooting for you ladies...
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Toni, that sounds a little frightening. I think it could be different weather conditions. The weather can be a real factor to physical and mental health. I, myself, am beginning to get a little down about how the weather has sidelined me. I honestly can't even move in this heat. I sweat all.the.time (walking, sitting, sleeping, the moment I get out of the shower it starts). It is so miserable. There is no escape. I went to the supermarket today to get catfood and it was so cool upstairs that I lingered a few minutes just to enjoy the air conditioning. But Toni, I used to notice when I would go for long walks with my old friend in TN that my legs would start to itch. It has something to do with the walking, but maybe also with weather, because I've never noticed that here in Greece. Be sure to drink lots and lots of water. Hope you are feeling better and it's nothing serious.