Hey :)

Options
MissJoeyPants
MissJoeyPants Posts: 28 Member
Hi guys i'm currently trying to gain weight. MFP has really helped me and i've gone from 103 to 109 pounds in a month! i am eating a lot of crappy foods though. i figured i can afford to for a few months and then start turning that fat into muscle.But i'm guessing its not a healthy way to do it? is that a bad way to go about gaining? :/

Replies

• asummers023
    Options
    Hi. Don't feel bad I eat crappy foods to most of them are right out of a box and they have a lot of salt in them. I end up drinking a lot of water but the weight is slowly coming on. Worry about eating right once you are both where you want and need to be.
  • KaraAlste
    KaraAlste Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I beleive our number one priority is reaching a target weight. And we can work out the details later. It is like building a house. First you build it, and then you decorate and detail it. Of course you should generally eat and drink healthy. Just like you wouldn't want to build with rotten wood. Glad you are making progress! :smile:
  • CAS185
    CAS185 Posts: 20
    Options
    I'm trying to make healthy habits for myself, so I eat as healthily as I can. Unfortunately that goes against my natural disposition, so it's difficult lol
  • ChelleyCredible
    ChelleyCredible Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You are only gaining bad fat. Try eating high calorie healthy foods. Protein shakes or smoothie recipes are helpful in this. I tend to eat a lot of peanut butter for help.