Wrinkling Sagging Skin

Options
shanniepk
shanniepk Posts: 98 Member
I'm 43 and in the past few years, I really noticed some wrinkly knees forming on my very strong legs (my legs are probably my best asset). It's genetic as I look at my mom, so I just kind of shrugged it off. I have been running/jogging for a good 2 years now about 3 days a week and also do a lot of strength training bootcamps using both body weigh and free weights. I've dropped a good 10-12 pounds since January and am about 15 pounds away from my ideal weight. However, I have "really, really" noticed lately my undearm skin is kind of sagging and my fore arms are really wrinkly which is super noticable when I am running (I see it in action shots) and during weight lifting. I have been slathering on Eucerin which helps but really just makes me shinier, I drink over 100oz of water a day and have been doing that for years, diet is pretty well rounded (includes fruits and veggies). Anyone else have the same probablems? Any potential remedies? I am soooo open for suggestions. Definitely notice the wrinkles all through the chin area too...probably just being in my 40s, but want to get input.

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    I say lets try not to think about it and go out on that boat!, with drinks! ha ha
  • nitrogen_widget
    nitrogen_widget Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Well,
    How heavy did you get?
    I'm 41, hit the 100lb lost mark last yr & my belly button actually closed up from the sag. LOL!
    I've put on some muscle but also fat since then & dropping fat again and every week it's sagging again.

It happens.
    The only thing you can really do short of surgery is to get lean & stay lean & give your skin time to shrink.
    It probably won't completely tighten up though.
    Adding some muscle will help.
  • czecher
    czecher Posts: 21
    Options
    That pesky beast! I see it too. I go to point at something and I see it wave under my peripheral vision! I was mortified when I saw it and have since done everything I can to avoid having my arm in the air. I know there are exercises that you can do for it, like riding a bike powered by your hands, but really? There are lotions that are supposed to firm and tighten skin (I would check reviews for the best one and go off someone else's spending money). Your skin will also do it in time. Just give it lots of hydration.
  • Rosiemac2
    Rosiemac2 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My trainer told me I have to fill the space with muscle.....So I have been workin gon my triceps and have seen an improvement. I have lost over 55 lbs and my arms have gotten tighter.....I have been doing upper and lower workouts with the pulley weights and that has helped more than just the arm machines....I also did Jillian's workout for arms and muffin tops..OMG I am still sore from Sunday...but it is working:)