New to Paleo

Options
chandy2809
chandy2809 Posts: 42 Member
I started Paleo on Saturday - with a blip yesterday lunch. my fiancé did it to gain weight/muscle im doing it to lose weight! ANY support friends would be welcome!

need advice :-)

how much have you lost on paleo? I am starting running tonight too, and don't have access to a gym but do zumba at home!!!

Replies

• strychnine7
    strychnine7 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Welcome.

I lost an f' load of weight when I went paleo. I'm never going back now.

You could fairly say that I recommend it.
  • homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I have lost only about 5 lbs in the past month, but I lost 2 inches off my waist and 3 inches off my hips in that time period. And this is with almost no exercise, because I'm losing weight in order to regain function in my knees... I'm hoping to be able to take long walks again in a few months.
  • ces79
    ces79 Posts: 13
    Options
    I just started following the primal blueprint last Monday, June 17. I have lost 7 pounds! I feel awesome! I do incorporate exercise.....mostly walk/jog for about an hour 4 days a week and lift weights & lunges/push ups/squats, etc. 2 days a week. Feel free to add me as a friend! We can help motivate or share recipes.
  • chandy2809
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

I am excersing and so hope to lose inches as well as weight, I lost two stone last year on Slimming World but being on and off Steroids for an auto immune diese has taken its toll im now in a platuoe and have but a stone back on :-(

I started using MFP but found I was eating crap - although within my calories I wasn't eating good foods that kept me full so my fiancé persuaded me to try this!

I have already noticed how much fuller I am and more energy I have! I took before and will take after pictures in three weeks (they wont really be after - but its my engagement party so I want to see the difference - will have that eveing off then straight back on it) I cant wait to start seeing a difference :-)
  • hilliardjoe
    hilliardjoe Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Track some measurements other than weight such as waistline, hips, , body fat %, etc.

Doing this will change your body and you will be losing fat and gaining muscle so the pounds falling off will not always happen since muscle weighs more than fat. There are stretches I go through where my weight is staying the same or even going up a bit but my measurements are still going down.

Don't focus just on a number from the scale, there are other things to measure to show the progress you are making.
  • lrmall01
    lrmall01 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    To the OP - you may want to look into the autoimmune version of paleo given your situation. It is pretty restrictive but I would guess that if it helps, you would consider it worthwhile.

Here is a good overview.

http://www.thepaleomom.com/autoimmunity
  • ThePrimalSpartan
    ThePrimalSpartan Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I started Primal/Paleo almost 2 years ago, and have lost 42 lbs so far! (I just recently started using MFP to help watch where my weak spots are). During my very strict times, I lose a lot of weight, but I've learned how to balance Primal/Paleo to maintain as well. Feel free to add me!
  • chandy2809
    Options
    To the OP - you may want to look into the autoimmune version of paleo given your situation. It is pretty restrictive but I would guess that if it helps, you would consider it worthwhile.

Here is a good overview.

http://www.thepaleomom.com/autoimmunity

thanks I will have a look at this! mum has just bought a book on it too!
  • chandy2809
    Options
    Track some measurements other than weight such as waistline, hips, , body fat %, etc.

Doing this will change your body and you will be losing fat and gaining muscle so the pounds falling off will not always happen since muscle weighs more than fat. There are stretches I go through where my weight is staying the same or even going up a bit but my measurements are still going down.

Don't focus just on a number from the scale, there are other things to measure to show the progress you are making.

I took photos in underwear and also measure hips, bust, chest, waist, arms and legs - so I will have that to go by too :-) im more ocused on slimming down than what the scales say (although I need to lose weight) but on my wedding day people wont be saying wonder what she weighs - it will be look how amaing she looks!!!!