MFP and Blood Sugar Results

Options
Wouldn't it wonderful if we could keep our blood sugar results (and perhaps others such A1C) on MFP? There are a lot of us that have diabetes and blood sugar is so important to our overall health and weight loss. It would be great to see the correlation between all the data which is already on MFP and blood sugar results.

Replies

• nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I would agree, it would be a nice feature, but doubtful it would ever be a feature added. I track mine in glucosebuddy, but I don't also want to track food and exercise in there, since I track food and exercise here. I suppose the best we can do is add our our BG's into the notes section in our food diaries.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    You could play around with My Plate D over on the Livestrong site. In has a few additional tools; Glucose tracker and an Insulin tracker.

http://www.livestrong.com/diabetes-journal/

I wish that MFP had these tools as well.
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I post my blood glucose results in the notes each day. I added entries under "Check in" to log my weekly BG average and A1c tests.
  • babspalmer
    babspalmer Posts: 48
    Options
    You can customize what you keep track of. Go to your check in page and under what's there it says "track additional measurements". I'm able to keep track of my BS levels. I hope this helps.
  • jjmae
    jjmae Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I agree: There should be a place to put these results. For the first time ever, I have an appointment with an endocrinologist in a few weeks. Besides bringing my glucometer to the first appt, also have to bring two weeks worth of daily sugar counts on a log along with a brief summary of foods eaten on that day.
    Wouldn't this be wonderful if MyFitness Pal could create a place for these counts.
  • jjmae
    jjmae Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What is "glucose buddy"? is this a written log?
  • wcucats77
    wcucats77 Posts: 180
    Options
    do the same thing Laura does; Meaning I place my meter readings on my notes than include my EA1C reading , with average of 1 day, 7 day, 14, 30 days.

For me this works well.

WCUCATS77
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I post my FBS's in my notes daily and I keep track in a note book of all the testing I do through out the day - BB (before breakfast), AB (after breakfast), BL, AL ... BS1 (before snack 1), AS1, BS2/AS2, BD/ AD etc. I also include the time spaced after I eat and take my test. 1hr, 2 hr etc.
  • areensee
    areensee Posts: 10
    Options
    I am using glucose buddy also for blood sugar only. I'm not on insulin so my medication regimen isn't complicated. I tried using glucose buddy for food too, but I don't find it very user friendly for that purpose.
  • areensee
    Options
    Actually a great idea! I would rather have a dedicated place for it which would show along with food and exercise, but this is a good work around. I just set it up and will do this.
  • areensee
    Options
    glucose buddy is an app for Android smart phones.
  • begleybob
    begleybob Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you LauraDotts for the suggestion on how to track Glucose levels by adding an additional measurement. I have been using the tracker less than 1 week after a long absence. I have used the notes section so far, but I tried your suggestion and like that a lot better since I can also see the numbers in chart form using Reports.