Female Bikini with scars

Options
Hello everyone. I am a 25 year old female who is wanting to compete next year. (I will be speaking with a trainer soon.

I have one major issue....

I had heart surgery when I was younger, so I have a lot of Scars. I am from Canada. (Winnipeg, Manitoba) I spoke with one lady from "Elite Fitness", she was a coach and also a judge at Fitness competitions. She took a look at me and said that it was okay I have scars. That when it comes to judging they are more concerned with loose skin than scars. I have had heart surgery (2 times) so I have a long scar all the way down my chest. I also have 3 scars that are like crosses and they are b/c I had chest tubes. So my question is.. Scars... will I be scored lower because of them? Do I even stand a chance against the girl who do not have them?

Also I hear that sometimes the girl back stage can be catty, will they say things to me b.c I think I stand a chance with my scars?

Replies

• Sh0ewh0re7_BlingItOn
    Sh0ewh0re7_BlingItOn Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Do it for YOU, eff what other catty bishes back stage will say or think!

Coming out of two heart surgeries and competing is pretty bad *kitten* in my book and I'd think you were pretty amazeballzzzzz if I met you back stage!

Go for it. Rock those scars proudly!!!!
  • urbliss777
    urbliss777 Posts: 48
    Options
    Thanks "sh0ewh0re7" I hope the girls are as nice as you when I compete!
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    how to handle a show comp.:

ear buds! confidence and upbeat self talk, and YES you can hit the stage with scars.

Avoid the stage only if you are not mentally and physically ready. Avoid if you have celulite.

enjoy your shows!
  • Annaruthus
    Annaruthus Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I've competed 5 times, and I have NEVER had a bad encounter with the other girls backstage. In fact, during my first show, they were so helpful, and so now at all of my shows, I have tried to be just as nice and helpful.
  • urbliss777
    Options
    Thanks ladies. So my scars won't effect my scoring? I am worried about that. I think they score on complexion or something... can't recall.
  • Annaruthus
    Annaruthus Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    This mostly refers to your spray tan you will get before the show. If you don't prep for the tan properly (moisturizing and exfoliating like it's going out of style), or manage to do irreparable damage to it before you go on stage, you can have a mottled appearance. Your spray tan will most likely lessen the appearance of your scars in any case. It does wonders for the stretch marks on my hips.
  • urbliss777
    Options
    Well ladies, my Doctor has approved of me starting my training for body building. SO guess we will see how things go when I compete next year!!! :D SUPER excited! :D
  • SDleia
    SDleia Posts: 6
    Options
    Awesome! I'll also be a 1st time competitor in 2014. I am also SUPER excited for this journey! At the risk of sounding cheesy: Your decision to compete and step on a stage makes you a winner already! :-)
  • prep2014
    prep2014 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I agree completely !!! !
    I think that yes it can get catty if you let it.
    If you do decide to do it its for you so!!! ROCK IT! AND HAVE FUN! My biggest mistake sometimes is taking it to seriously. I know it is serious, but have fun with whatever you do and do your best that is all anyone can ask
    :)
  • urbliss777
    Options
    So I talked to one owner of a competition that comes to my city. I WILL be deducted marks. But he says it is up to the judge sometimes if they are barely noticeable it is not an issue. and if I was deducted a few and I got full marks on ever other section of judging, that I could still place.

I am waiting to hear back from the bigger competitions like MABBA/ CBBF about the judging there.

Most cases it seems like I will only be deducted a few marks.