Slippery Slope/ HELP PLEASE

Options
I'm in a restricting phase right now, a medically supervised low-cal, low-carb diet. I've done really well and found will power somewhere I didn't even know I had. I've binged a couple times by eating too many protein bars (like an entire box in a sitting), but the caloric content was still low enough that I could rationalize it, and correct the next day.

The problem I'm seeing right now is that I'm about to start week four and the very firm, hard line, of what and how much to eat is starting to blur. Instead of saying HELL NAW to carbs, I'm trying to find ways to incorporate small amounts. I bought a bar of very dark Argentinian chocolate and I'm having a square a day because there's like 20 cals and <1 carb. Today at lunch, I ate the entire piece of grilled salmon (like 8 oz) instead of eating half and having the rest for dinner. I'm finishing the skinny iced mocha I bought yesterday AS I TYPE THIS.

Writing it out, it doesn't seem like much but I'm REALLY FLIPPIN' WORRIED I'm headed some place not good.

HELP!

Replies

• 123bree1997
    Options
    The problem is your eating low carb. The minimal carb intake should be 130grams or you wont get all the nutrients you need . Keep it low calorie but eat high fiber and whole grains. To much protean is not good. You should get 10% to 35% of their day's calories from protein. That's about 46 grams of protein for women. Hope this helps. I am taking a nutrition class lol
  • AdriSaysRelax
    Options
    Hey, thanks for the reply Bree! Mmm, after I complete the program my doctor's outlined for me, I'll definitely be upping the carbs (reasonably), but I'm not sure macronutrients are the problem here.

It really feels like an erosion of some wall, mentally. That's where I need the help!
  • 123bree1997
    Options
    Yea I get you. It is still really hard for me not to binge. I always feel the need to. I have done it a few days ago it made me feel like crap mentally. I am here for support if you need it. Try drinking lots of water if you don't already. Maybe try meditating. One of the weight loss ones. They have them on youtube.
  • mbs439
    mbs439 Posts: 17
    Options
    For lunch, maybe try eating more slowly (put the fork down in between bites, take a sip of water in between bites, etc.) Actually, use that method for figuring out a binge too. If you have the urge to binge, allow yourself to do so, but put yourself in control by doing it slowly-- that way you're more likely to stop yourself when you're full. For me, binges come in a rush. By telling yourself you're allowed to indulge slowly, it gives you time to let the "rush" wear off while still treating the urge.

You've worked really hard to come this far! Remind yourself of your progress :) You got this! If you binge, brush it off. Give yourself some credit-- you've showed a lot of self-discipline lately. Your body, no YOU, will not let it spiral out of control.