Weekly Check In 6/24 to 6/30

Options
teamryan90
teamryan90 Posts: 359 Member
Hello everyone. I will be going on vacation starting 6/26 thru 7/7. I will be going camping without access to internet for most of the time. I may check in a few times on days that I head back into town for supplies.

I want to let everyone one that you are all doing an excellent job. Keep it up. The changes at the end of your program will be excellent. Keep eating healthy. This is just as important as exercising. Have a great week ahead.

Replies

• calroseangelo
    Options
    Have fun on your camping trip! This is my last week of month one of Insanity! Today was Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs! Went well...glad it's over! Only have to do that workout one more time. Can't wait for recovery week! :happy:
  • beckyyates
    beckyyates Posts: 85
    Options
    June 24th 10 Minute Trainers Total Body Cardio Lower Body
    I am seeing the differences in the mirror and not the scale. The difference in the mirror is what matters the most to me. Scales are deceiving. I am feeling good. My meals and snacks are planned for the week. I am ready to get to the beach soon. All my hard work is paying off.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I have been getting in fitness but it has NOT been Insanity! My back has been really giving me troubles this time doing Insanity, so I layed off for a few but WILL go again tomorrow! Can't let those smallest jeans get tight again!!!:wink:
  • alexsandstrom1982
    Options
    6/24/13 Power 90. I got a bonus at work and decided to buy me some jeans that were on sale that do not fit me yet. My goal is to work my way into them. 2 inches to go. I can do it. 25 pounds lost in 6 weeks. Water is my favorite drink these days. It has been way over a month since I had a soda. I do not need that crap anymore.

Have fun camping coach. How is your rotator cuff coming along?
  • teamryan90
    teamryan90 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    6/24/13 Power 90. I got a bonus at work and decided to buy me some jeans that were on sale that do not fit me yet. My goal is to work my way into them. 2 inches to go. I can do it. 25 pounds lost in 6 weeks. Water is my favorite drink these days. It has been way over a month since I had a soda. I do not need that crap anymore.

Have fun camping coach. How is your rotator cuff coming along?

Great job Alex. Your goals will be reached. You are doing an excellent job. My rotator cuff is sore but not painful. I am doing 3 sets a day of physical therapy exercises. My goal is to start Insanity over on July 9th. I do not want to rush back into it.
  • MsStang02
    MsStang02 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hey all!!! Fit test #2 was yesterday. Results:

Switch Kicks: 32 ---> 40
    Power Jacks: 20 ---> 27
    Power Knees: 50 ---> 75
    Power Jumps: 15 --->22
    Globe Jumps: 2 ---> 6
    Suicide Jumps: 0 ---> 3
    Push Up Jack: Still cannot do a regular push up...so still 0. However, Modified pushups 9 now at 17
    Low Plank Oblique: 14 ---> 19

Insanity Junkie...Love it!!
  • JonathanBB
    JonathanBB Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    beckyyates: Thanks for the reminder. The scale has been creeping up the past few days. However, it is also showing a little in the mirror too.
  • JonathanBB
    Options
    That is really great progress. Congrats and keep it up!
  • JonathanBB
    Options
    I don't think I have checked in for a few days. I am keeping up with the Insanity schedule Week 3. Last night was tough. Worked until 7 p.m. got home tired and hungry and I groaned when I saw it was Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs but I did it and had dinner by myself at 8:30 p.m. because it wasn't fair to make the family wait for me. Bit sore this morning.

I either need to do workouts Tuesday night (tonight) and Wednesday at 6 a.m. or have to push the schedule back 2 days because Wednesday afternoon is daughter's graduation from high school followed immediately by family dinner and then Thursday is tennis night and while I can handle cardio recovery plus tennis I don't think I can swing a full Insanity workout plus 1 1/2 hours of tennis back-to-back.
  • vhuber
    Options
    Cardio Power & Resistance is COMPLETE! Now I am riding my bike in my cool basement! It is VERY humid here and it is affecting my breathing!:tongue:
  • JonathanBB
    Options
    Cardio Power & Resistance is COMPLETE for me too. Feeling it in the abs and in the back muscles. And my quads were burning and now are just feeling shot. Woo hoo.
  • JonathanBB
    Options
    Cardio Power & Resistance is COMPLETE! Now I am riding my bike in my cool basement! It is VERY humid here and it is affecting my breathing!:tongue:

Be careful.
  • JonathanBB
    Options
    Okay, so one of my MFPs has asked if I am getting enough protein since I am doing the Insanity workouts. Anyone know what the recommendations for protein intake are?
  • vhuber
    Options
    Sorry Jon I don't know the answer to that! I do KNOW that I am NOT eating enough but I can't seem to eat any more! It about makes me gag!

I am on my bike now and I just finished the Plyo Cardio Circuit! I seemed weak today! Not enough protein maybe?

Keep rockin Team BeachBody!!!
  • cassi9879
    cassi9879 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Last of the Tai Cheng combos this week. Have lost 10%/25 lbs since starting my weight loss journey.
  • vhuber
    Options
    Last of the Tai Cheng combos this week. Have lost 10%/25 lbs since starting my weight loss journey.
    That's awesome! Is Tai Cheng like yoga or does it have cardio? Cardio WILL torch your calories to where you'll lose weight even faster! Keep it up girl & you will succeed!!!
  • cassi9879
    cassi9879 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    The stretching portion (Neural Reboot) is more like yoga. MFP has Tai Chi under cardio so that's how I log it.
  • JonathanBB
    Options
    Sorry Jon I don't know the answer to that! I do KNOW that I am NOT eating enough but I can't seem to eat any more! It about makes me gag!

I am on my bike now and I just finished the Plyo Cardio Circuit! I seemed weak today! Not enough protein maybe?

Keep rockin Team BeachBody!!!

I am finding that I am feeling weaker not stronger lately too on some of these Insanity workouts. General impression, not measurement though. My quads are dying during these exercises and are definitely staying somewhat sore agter as well. Missed Insanity workout last night (older daughter graduated High School and had a family dinner for her right after) and will miss again tonight for tennis night. I plan to skip the Sunday "rest day" to catch up a bit.