fitbit one user tips

Options
lcbowz
lcbowz Posts: 39 Member
Hello all. I just purchased a fitbit one last night on amazon and should have it Monday. I also purchased a "safety leash" after reading some reviews. Any tips for using this gizmo? I want to make the most out of the purchase and lose weight! I debated between it and the body media and ultimately decided to go with fitbit. Any suggestions and tips welcome!

Replies

• peeaanuut
    peeaanuut Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I just got mine not too long ago and the best tips I have found have been these

1. Charge it while driving. it wont log odd numbers. You can manually log the driving into fitbit if you cannot charge the device. it will remove the steps and stairs for that driving time.
    2. Only log exercise on one side. So either into MFP or into Fitbit. For me I dont wear the fitbit at the gym unless I am on the treadmill. When on the bike, in the pool or at the weights I manually log that activity. So far it has been quite successful and I still am low on my fitbit goals as far as steps and stairs and distance.

Generally I like to use the fitbit to motivate me during my non gym time since I sit at a desk most of the day.

Good luck and let us know how it goes for you.
  • lcbowz
    Options
    thanks! so I should log driving time into the FB log from the dashboard? What about non-walking exercise like Zumba, turbo or bicycling? How do I make those adjustments. I love MFP and want to make that my main diary.
  • lcbowz
    Options
    also - is it best to put the overall goal of weight loss in these programs? I thought I'd just make the goals in 10% increments. Silly?
  • peeaanuut
    peeaanuut Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    If your fitbit is linked to MFP, only log in one place or another. If I am wearing the fitbit while driving, I log that time into the fitbit log. It will remove the steps and floors it logs from that time. Do not do this in MFP as you will be getting dbl credit. I do not wear it for anything but walking or running. If I am on the bike or in the pool or doing Tae-Bo I do dont wear it and log that stuff separately. Those activities I log into MFP as their was no activity logged on the fitbit.
  • gogirl68
    gogirl68 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have been linked with MFP and fit bit one for a while, however I am still not sure if I should be manually entering exercises into MFP or just let the fit bit do it's thing?? It shows an exercise number for fit bit of 200, what does that mean?? I have walked 11453 steps today and just want to make sure I am not eating too much or too little, cause the scale does not seem to be moving?

Can someone explain?:flowerforyou: