Work eating

Options
Hi there,

Im 22 and work in an office and I find it hard not to sit and snack all day. Ive prepared a meal plan to curb my cravings and only allow myself a certain amount of food each day. My job is two hours from home so the perks of being in the middle of no where help me to stay on track as I do not have the luxury of going to grab anything. I also put up motivational signs throughout my office to remind myself why I am doing this.

One of my favourite ones is "Junk food that you have been craving for an hour? Or the body you have wanted for years? Its your choice".

Any other tips or tricks that you have I would greatly appreciate! I am aiming for 2-3 pounds per week on a strict 1100 calorie a day diet, started today! Here goes nothing!

Replies

• wimapple88
    wimapple88 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hiya!

I would definitely keep the tempting foods at home, to eliminate the struggle all together! Meal planning is great too! Do you like tea or coffee? I work in an office setting and drink lots of tea and coffee (no creamer, just a little splenda). I find that it helps me feel more full, and holds me over until lunch!

Also what kinds of foods are you eating? Maybe try ones high in fiber to keep you full longer. :D So you won't be reaching for snacks all day!

I kind of lucked out at my job. They recently banned food in the office area, so no more snacking for me! I only eat when I go on lunch now. It also really helps me because I am doing the 16:8 intermittent fasting, so I don't eat until noon every day anyways.

Good luck with everything!!
  • ReadynWillin
    ReadynWillin Posts: 104
    Options
    Love your motivational-stickys--awesome idea! I do like wimapple said, drink lots of hot tea and "water with lemon juice" with a less than a tablespoon of stevia (which I much prefer to the taste of nutrisweet or splenda). Hot soup (especially broth-based instead of cream-based) is great because it makes you feel full when you're finished, and you can eat a decent amount for low calories. I'll have to put my "recipe" for low-cal "soup" in the recipes forum later. The only question that remains now is: if it has less than 5 ingredients, can I really call it a recipe? XD
  • TinaBina90
    TinaBina90 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I would be careful with your caloric intake. A person shouldn't eat less than 1200 per day. Also, eating too little might bring about those cravings. Try to determine your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR). I believe they have one on MFP, if not there are other site that have BMR calculators. You should not eat below your BMR.

I totally admire your willpower, but don't lead yourself into starvation mode.

Best of luck!