new here and to cf

Options
photogmama
photogmama Posts: 32 Member
Hi, I started cf in May. I am usually the last to complete things, usually no big deal, but am realllly bad at burpees. I would love to hear some success stories with weight loss/ redifining your body with crossfit.

Also, how do you log your work outs on here? Seems very limited! And, the weight training doesn't apply to caloric burn? What's up with that?

Thanks in advance!!!

Replies

• alissadough84
    alissadough84 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    If I could figure out how to post pictures on here, I would post the ones from my "Success Story" my box just did about me. Since starting CrossFit last May- I am down 45 pounds. In January- I started eating clean (eating Zone, but mostly Zone/Paleo). Since January- inch wise, I have lost...

5.75 inches off my waist
    4.5 inches off my hips
    3.25 inches of my thighs
    1.75 inches of my upper arm
    3.75 inches off my mid section

I wish I had someone had taken my measurements last May, because the differences in my body are amazing :) I barely look like the same person.
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    You have to log you CF stuff as cardio. You can create a custom exercise and log your burn under there. Of course you'll need an HRM or a BodyMedia FIT to get the burn. I personally use the FIT and it ties into MFP when I sync it so I get a full TDEE measurement, not really a specific WOD caloric count.

As for strength training, you can log it under cardio as well, but honestly it's really hard to get an accurate calorie burn with strength training.

Again another reason I use the FIT armband. It counts everything and I don't have to think about it.

No I do not work for BodyMedia...