Dukan DIet specialties - good or bad?

Options
What dukan diet specialities have you tried? What is your opinion about it? I am keen to get some stuff from the official dukan site, but wanted to hear your opinion on those products first. Any experience on getting food flavorings?

Replies

• Louisa1979
    Louisa1979 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Tried the oat bran biscuits. Very expensive and really horribly dry with very little flavour. Tried the coconut and hazelnut ones. Coconut slightly better but still felt like I was eating a baby's rusk!
  • georgiajane
    Options
    When I first started the diet I bought Dukan brand oat bran, flavourings and biscuits thinking that they would help me stay on the straight and narrow... I wish I hadn't bothered! I didn't have particularly high expectations but even considering that the flavourings were pretty awful. I bought 'apple crumble', 'caramel', 'peanut' and a cheesey one but after the first use they just sat in the fridge untouched until they went off. You may have a different experience (and I hope you do!) but it's just a word of warning..
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    As a rule, I don't like very many "diet x branded foods" and the Dukan diet is fine without of the dukan products.
  • aneatah
    aneatah Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I don't buy any of the dukan branded products, I have found everything I need without using the branded items.
  • vaidajurgaityte
    vaidajurgaityte Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks, girls, for all responses. I have saved myself a huge amount of money. I had dukanshop online basket full when I thought I will check online elsewhere. And obviously, the same or similar stuff, unbranded of course, in other places was sooo much cheaper.

Thanks a lot!
  • globegirl08
    globegirl08 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Best to experiment at home. The prices are horrendous against a normal eating pattern and actually liking the product when it arrives ?.. .....that's another gamble ! ;)

I find all the things I can't get in the standard supermarkets usually via health food stores or amazon. For those in the UK , check out local Asian grocery stores too.......they are great for flavourings not always found in the supermarkets like caramel, coconut etc etc. They only cost 40p too.

Experiment with recipes, share ideas with friends makes it fun and engaging that way. My sister started Dukan last week and called me up saying she absolutely hated the galettes and shirataki noodles on the attack phase which I was quite surprised about. So I invited her round to mine and I showed her my methods, she absolutely adores both and as now lost 5lbs in the first week :)
  • ladylego1
    ladylego1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I looked at getting the flavorings and was put of as so many people said negative things... I did however buy some natural extracts like chocolate / lemon and cinnamon and also some amazing Intense Range Extra Strong cupcake flavoring essences that i use in my yogurts I used them previously when baking and just added a couple of drops so yummy.
  • globegirl08
    Options
    Oh I cannot Dukan without my little flavourings, what's the bad press about ?? I have been oblivious to any of it I guess.......still lost, taste great and I don't use them everyday . My fav is coconut, yummy in sweet pancakes :)
  • vaidajurgaityte
    Options
    The coconut flavour is the one I forgot to get. Now I will have to scan Asian shops :grumble: I could imagine it would go well with Shirataki prawn soup (those are still in my cupboard waiting for its turn to be tried out).
  • globegirl08
    Options
    Yummy, nice idea !

i am having my virgin 'Mojito' tomorrow if the sun comes out ( or not) :

Ingredients :

Sugar free lemonade
    Fresh lime * juices not allowed on dukan but amount used can be forgiven** :bigsmile:
    Fresh mint leaves
    Sweetener to taste (optional)
    Rum flavouring ( dark rum flavouring if you can get it)

Muddle mint, lime and sweetener together in tall glass. Add 0.5 to 1 tsp of the rum flavouring. Add ice. Top with chilled lemonade. Garnish with whole mint leaves and slice of lime.

It tastes like the real thing ! I am a cocktail lover :)
  • vaidajurgaityte
    Options
    I have some coke zero in the fridge and some ice cubes! Do you think it will work with it? It is going to be hot here tomorrow .... :drinker:
  • globegirl08
    Options
    I have some coke zero in the fridge and some ice cubes! Do you think it will work with it? It is going to be hot here tomorrow .... :drinker:

Most definatley, good idea ! :drinker: