Surgery date July 15th

Options
I am excited and nervous at the same time. I start the liver shrink diet July 1st. No July 4th picnic for me this year but that's ok!!

Replies

• MaggyMaizy2
    MaggyMaizy2 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    While everyone else is chowing down, just think about the wonderful journey you have just begun. By next 4th of July you will be wearing a bikini!!

I'm nearly 11 months post-RNY. I have lost 126 pounds and hit my goal weight of 150 pounds a couple of months ago (I'm 5'9") . My only regret is that I didn't do this years ago!

Best wishes for a happy journey. Please let us know how things go!!
  • teresa7926
    teresa7926 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on having a scheduled surgery date.
  • grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Best of luck. Read everything on here you can, follow your program, and you'll do great. Keep us informed and ask questions when you need to.
  • kvandeman
    kvandeman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • steffyp01
    steffyp01 Posts: 34
    Options
    Thanks for all the encouraging words. I will keep everyone posted.
  • Daisyboohoo
    Daisyboohoo Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Best of luck! My date is 18 July!

Are you from the States? I am from South Africa.

What can you eat/drink on your shrink liver stage?
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Congrats to those of you who have up coming surgeries! I hope all goes well and please keep us posted on how you are doing when you get home! If you need friends, feel free to add me. I'm on here every day.
  • Agate69
    Agate69 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I have no negatives, only pluses in my life from my Rny surgery in 2010. MFD helps me to keep my eating as healthy as possible, and has helped me to maintain my weight loss. Follow all the pre op suggestions, especially the diet and soon you will be shrinking and keeping up with your children. I just had a fantastic weekend, filled with swimming, running, biking and playing with my grand kids.
  • steffyp01
    steffyp01 Posts: 34
    Options
    2 slim fasts a day and a lean cuisine or something like that for dinner. I had an appt with the dietician the other day who said you can have a small piece of fruit, or a green salad with 1 tsp of dressing if you still felt hungry. I have had to that, especially at lunch time.
  • shudson1960
    Options
    Oh Boy - I know what you mean about going on the pre-surgery diet. I'm having the sleeve done on 7/24 and am 3 days in to the liquid diet.
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    congrates to each of you and having the surgery was the best thing I have done. Mine was Nov 21 2012 and as of today I have lost 94 pounds. Lower then I have been in over 30 years.