Anyone doing this right now?

Options
Is anyone else doing this right now?

I am on L1D4 at the mo and despite working 12hr nights, I think I'm seeing results already :) 0.75 of an inch loss around my waist :D (tho I could of measured wrong ;P)

Replies

• jen0m
    jen0m Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I just started Level 1 this evening. The only thing is I just can't do push/press ups at all so if anyone has any ideas for a substitute exercise i can do when she's going them that would be great!
  • jakkisr
    jakkisr Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm doing level 2, done up to day 6 but only managing it every other day due to life getting in the way of my best laid plans! I hated level 1 and only did it for two days as it wasn't working the areas I needed. I love level 2 though! Quite a challenge and lots more of the exercises I need :)

For the push ups, instead of doing them with your legs stretched out and weight on your toes, do a ladies push up - basically squat down, cross your ankles and take the weight on your knees with your feet off the ground while doing the push up with your arms at shoulder width apart (if that makes sense lol! Google it for a picture!) You'll be amazed how soon you can do full push ups :)

I'm definitely seeing results, and feeling strong! And it does get easier!
  • rachb26
    rachb26 Posts: 7
    Options
    I can't do full push ups either. But I can keep up my form doing girly ones :P I'm going to start alternating between full and girly - like 2 girly/1 full until I can work up to doing just full ones.

Another option is to do wall push ups instead.

Day 5 today! My thighs have been killing me!! I'm flat out on my feet ALL night at work for a good 11hrs, up and down stairs! It kills. Lol.

Another thing I have noticed is that I am up a lb BUT my fat has gone wayy jiggly. I mean real loose over my abs and inner thighs and.....I can feel my abs underneath it!! :-O

Good luck ladies :))
  • jakkisr
    jakkisr Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    great work rachb26! i thought I could only do girly push-ups until jillian said 'drop and give me 10' and I did! amazed myself!
  • jen0m
    Options
    I'm doing level 2, done up to day 6 but only managing it every other day due to life getting in the way of my best laid plans! I hated level 1 and only did it for two days as it wasn't working the areas I needed. I love level 2 though! Quite a challenge and lots more of the exercises I need :)

For the push ups, instead of doing them with your legs stretched out and weight on your toes, do a ladies push up - basically squat down, cross your ankles and take the weight on your knees with your feet off the ground while doing the push up with your arms at shoulder width apart (if that makes sense lol! Google it for a picture!) You'll be amazed how soon you can do full push ups :)

I'm definitely seeing results, and feeling strong! And it does get easier!

Thanks for that - managed to do the girlie ones so hopefully that'll do! Did day 2 earlier - was sore all day today after starting last night so thought I wouldn't be able to make it through the full half hour this evening but did it so very pleased with myself! Very sore now but all good!
  • jen0m
    Options
    I can't do full push ups either. But I can keep up my form doing girly ones :P I'm going to start alternating between full and girly - like 2 girly/1 full until I can work up to doing just full ones.

Day 5 today! My thighs have been killing me!! I'm flat out on my feet ALL night at work for a good 11hrs, up and down stairs! It kills. Lol.

Another thing I have noticed is that I am up a lb BUT my fat has gone wayy jiggly. I mean real loose over my abs and inner thighs and.....I can feel my abs underneath it!! :-O

Oh god I hope I don't start gaining weight doing this - I know I'll tone up (hopefully) but I have 3lbs to get to my Weight Watchers goal weight & I was hoping this would help push me to it! Anyone else gain weight doing the 30 day shred?
  • mrsmarquez11
    mrsmarquez11 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am also on L1D4. I will not be doing weekends tho most of the time
  • rachb26
    rachb26 Posts: 7
    Options

Oh god I hope I don't start gaining weight doing this - I know I'll tone up (hopefully) but I have 3lbs to get to my Weight Watchers goal weight & I was hoping this would help push me to it! Anyone else gain weight doing the 30 day shred?

It's actually quite common to either stay the same or put on a tiny bit...it's just your muscles drawing water in to aid healing - which is a good thing :) it's just water displacement so no need to be concerned and doesn't mean it will happen to you.

I actually did a full run about 18mths ago and didn't lose a single pound during the 30 days but tons of inches! And as soon as I stopped the weight loss caught up! Inches lost are wayy more better than pounds IMO :)
  • acdork
    acdork Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I took pictures and measurements this morning and just did Level 1 for the first time. I felt okay cardio-wise, but my arms are not keeping up! I couldn't even do girl push-ups for the full two sets (had to skip a few and do some leaning on a desk). My plan is to continue level 1 until I can do every last bit, at speed, full push-ups, etc.