Anyone here?

Options
Hi everyone,

I started ADF last year and did really well, down 40lbs. And then i got sidetracked with life. So i am back. I would love to hear some tips, advice and just to reconnect. I plan on fasting mon/wed/fri or taking in under 500 calories. I hope everyone is doing well!

Replies

• crhalte
    crhalte Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm new to ADF, but am going to try it. My DD are planned as MWF as well.
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've been doing it since 1 Jan.

I'm down around 70 lbs (311 lbs. to 238).

My down days are every other day. I alternate between 2600 and 500ish.
  • MrsDangerousCurves
    MrsDangerousCurves Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I've been doing JUDDD for about a month now and have lost 5 lbs. Good luck!
  • Prettyfrock
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. Great to everyone is doing well. Its so very inspiring to see.
  • sara_jean_15
    sara_jean_15 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I started the alternate day diet April 1st and have lost a total of 18 lbs so far (well... I gained 2 lbs over 4th of July weekend)! My original goal was to lose 20 lbs, but now I am shooting for a total of 24lbs. My Down Days are MWF and I do a Medium Day on Saturday. Sunday, Tues, and Thursdays are Up Days. I count my calories every day. This is the ONLY diet that has ever worked for me and that I have been able to stay on. :) Good luck to you all!
  • investit
    investit Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Wow - you have done great JUDDDING!
    Did you ever struggle with eating too much on your UD? I don't have issues with my DD and find I look forward to them but my UD I have a hard time. I don't struggle because I am hungry or not even because of old habits (I don't think). My mind seems to "panic" a bit like I need to fit in stuff so I won't crave it the next day.
    I am going to try doing bulletproof coffee recipe and see if starting the day with good fats helps.
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Thanks! -110 now, so just about to go under 200 lbs.

I'm actually pretty rigid about my limits. I think I've had about 5 or 6 days over the last 8.5 months where I went over my limit by any significant amount. I generally log before I put any food in my mouth and I stop putting food in when I hit my limit.

I eat a lot of the same stuff though. It's stuff I really like, but it's not exciting or anything. The only inflexible thing in my diet is my alternate day ice cream - that happens even if I have to go back out and run to fit it in. ;)

I think, for me, eating the same sort of stuff a lot helps.
  • investit
    investit Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Ugh, ice cream has been my "self medication" for years. I like what you said about logging in what you eat ahead of time and then stopping. I will have to do that.