month 1 results?

Options
lindseymariep
lindseymariep Posts: 35 Member
Tomorrow is my last day of month one. I took pictures tonight and honestly didn't notice a difference. I feel stronger and can last longer during the workouts. Haven't lost any weight but lost about 2 inches in my chest area (feeling indifferent about that) lost maybe .5-1 inch in my waist. My calves actually grew by .5 inches.

I heard most of the weight loss comes in month two so I really hope that's when the magic happens. What were your results after month 1? Did you follow the nutrition plan or drink shakeology? I'm curious to know!

Replies

• booyakazam
    booyakazam Posts: 18
    Options
    I was going to ask you about this in my other post. I have not seen any weight loss results or other dramatic changes. I feel like I can last longer and am definitely feeling stronger...
  • bear_28
    bear_28 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I've finished round 1 of Insanity about a month ago. To be honest, I didn't see much difference either, may it be in pounds or inches. For instance, .5 inch in the waist and 2 lbs loss only. Some say it could be my diet. I ate around 1500-1900 calories (TDEE - 20%) with occasional indulgences, no shakeology (not available in my country) but with protein shakes. It was disheartening to not see that much difference with THAT MUCH effort. BUT I definitely got stronger and can last longer on cardio-based workouts. I'm not saying it isn't a good program, because its definitely works for a lot of people. Maybe it just wasn't what my stubborn body needs. :grumble:

I'm currently doing 1st phase of Chalean Extreme. Not much weight loss but seeing the definition in my arms was enough to make me happy. :love:

What kept me pushing through Insanity was this attitude : The hell with results, I'm still kick *kitten*! :laugh:

Here's to hoping you'll get much better results than mine :drinker:
  • lindseymariep
    lindseymariep Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    After month 1 I had about the same results as you...lost about 2 pounds and maybe 2 inches total. I took before & after pictures and can tell a difference but other than that, not much. Most of my measurements are the same. Check out my profile for the picture because I have no idea how to add them to this post! :)

I've been sick the past few days and will have rested 4 days before I start again on Thursday. 2 weeks and 4 days left and I am going to push myself to the max!

PS great job finishing and starting ChaLean! I'm sure your body is much more fit than when you started!!

booyak-how are your results coming?
  • Asterie
    Asterie Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    My month 1 results:
    Weight: 127 lbs -> 125.6 lbs
    Biceps: 11.5" -> 11"
    Small of waist: 28" -> 27"
    Belly button: 32.5" -> 32"
    Hips: 38" -> 36"
    Upper thigh: 23" -> 22"
    Lower thigh: 18" -> 17"
    Calf: 14" -> 14"

Basically, only 1.4 lbs lost, but a total of 6" lost! Currently doing month 2 and ChaLEAN Extreme (just started) at the same time, and I don't know if it's Insanity or ChaLEAN but the inches are falling off quicker now anyway! Keep in mind that you may not be losing weight because your muscles are retaining water to heal; I find that whenever I take a few days off of exercise, the weight starts coming off.
  • meowkapow
    meowkapow Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Doing the last Plyo Cardio Circuit of Month 1 today. I've had good results for month 1 of this round!

Weight 59.1kg > 56.9 kg (-2.2 kg)
    Waist 73 cm > 70 cm (-3 cm)
    Bust 94 cm > 92 cm (-2 cm)
    Hips 94 cm > 92 cm (-2 cm)
    Arm 26 cm > 26 cm (0 cm)
    Thigh 51 cm > 50 cm (-1 cm)

I'm eating 1500-1600 a day, going to the gym to do weights twice a week and leisure cycling/hiking on my rest day.