I had an actual DR visit (annual - well kinda)

Options
MikeFlyMike
MikeFlyMike Posts: 639 Member
Just had my first "annual" physical exam in over 22 years. Dr. told me I am literally the healthiest patient he has seen this year of any age. Loved my blood work and couldn't believe my results. Said my results were "ridiculously stupid good". Told me not to bother seeing him in the future, just don't change my diet or exercise at all. I like this guy, too bad I won't be seeing him again.

Found him on Paleo physician network.
He had some very interesting comments about healthcare in general. He is a family practice MD and only a few patients see him because he is Paleo. He says, 100% of the people that come in with serious health concerns are dying because of alcohol, cigarettes, inflammation and insulin resistance. He said, if all his patients were paleo - he would need a different job.

He is paleo himself just shy of 40 and runs about 7% bodyfat. (jerk)
He loved my (self generated) blood work (which I have shared here in the past). He says it is funny because paleo people come in with their own data, questions and ideas. He says he can spot us walking in.

When I shared some of my details, he said my trigs were amazing and he has only seen one better ever (and those were HIS). I beat him on my LDL sub particles and my total LDL - and my trig / HDL ratios were the "ridiculously stupid".

On the concept of further testing (I also shared two previous blood panels, and two sets of different hormonal tests)......
STOP IT. :)
He said, look.... that testing is a waste of money. Your numbers are all excellent. Don't bother doing any tests unless you change your diet for the worse. If you came in with a ultrasonic or MRI of your coronary tract showing the amount of plaque buildup - my prescription would remain... eat paleo. So since you are doing that successfully - don't bother.
He says those tests are good for people that don't take care of themselves and need to be shaken into reality of taking care of themselves.
Peace.

Replies

• strychnine7
    strychnine7 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Haha! Nice, man. I hardly ever go to the doctors office. This may be in part because almost every doctor I've ever HAD to see (LASIK, broken ankle, etc.) was a colossal a**hole. My primary care physician is a personal friend. I still never go to her office either, though. But I do want to schedule an appointment for blood work this summer so I can compare it to two years (and forty- or fifty-pounds) ago.
  • lindzmt22
    lindzmt22 Posts: 335
    Options
    That is awesome friend!!! Love reading stuff like this.
  • MrsAbles
    MrsAbles Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Mike is our paleo rockstar!!!

The very few paleo doctors in my area are chiropractors. Do I want to go to a chiropractor for bloodwork and a well check? I always thought they were for back problems.
  • MikeFlyMike
    MikeFlyMike Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Thanks mrsa... Yes mostly we have chiros, which I have no problem with, but many things I want an MD.. this guy is one of a few in the area and is super paleo dude.
  • primalkiwi
    primalkiwi Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    That has to be the best NSV I've had the pleasure of reading on here! You rockstar!!
    I'm envious that you have a paleo doc who understands where you are coming from.
    Here's to a long, healthy paleo life with no more doctor visits:-)
  • hilliardjoe
    hilliardjoe Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Great job. Maybe now the only time you'll need to see the doctor is when you break something doing something fun.
  • spirit80
    spirit80 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Awesome Mike. Thanks for sharing.
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome story!
  • mirandaeaston
    Options
    My doctor. Pushes being Vegan I did it 6 months got sicker felt like crap all the time. He told me that my body is adjusting and give it more time and be sure I'm following it . Switched diets now need to switch doctors he thinks I'm vegan. Oh well .