Small Success

Options
Leah_T
Leah_T Posts: 17 Member
I think this should be kind of like a non scale victory (NSV) post. We can share things like.....I have not had a sweet tea in almost a whole week.....or I worked out today even though I really didn't want to.....or I skipped on the goodies in the break room and had an piece of fruit. Long term success is just a string of good choices put together. Lets share the small stuff too :)

BTW, mine is the sweet tea. I have not had soda since Jan 2011, but sweet tea is something I grew up with. I do ok for a while, but it seems like one leads to another, which leads to having huge 32 oz cups from the gas station and i don't even want to think about how many calories are in that. It has been 6 days since my last sweet tea and right now i have no craving to have one. I just need to stick with it.
Also, i have decided to walk my daughter to daycare in the morning. It is only 1 mile round trip and there isn't any excuse why i can't take that 20 mins to take her for a stroller ride.

Your turn to share!!

Replies

• stlbarbara
    stlbarbara Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I skipped a brownie in the break room this week - how's that for a small success?
  • hrn4789
    hrn4789 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My small success was doing the stairs the third time last night. It was hard, very slow, and I wasn't good at it, but... I did it.
  • Dide215925
    Dide215925 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My small success is not having soda for the past 4 days. I'm a big soda drinker and haven't had any these past few days.
  • Leah_T
    Options
    Good job everybody!!!!!!
  • Leah_T
    Options
    You did great!! Believe it or not, when i first started running i could only do about 2 mins at first.
  • Leah_T
    Options
    One small step at a time !!!
  • Leah_T
    Options
    Ok, so my "good" for the day is this: It is Saturday and I posted my food and did an ok job on what i ate.
  • hrn4789
    hrn4789 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I feel the need to celebrate a small success from yesterday.

I wasn't really feeling like doing much and used the rain as an excuse not to get out and walk around the block.

However, after the rain left, I forced myself out of my recliner (which I love dearly,) and went for a swim.

It wasn't anything major, but it was time better spent than it would have been otherwise.
  • stlbarbara
    Options
    Good job! I love swimming :-)
  • corgigirl5
    corgigirl5 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My NSV is cutting down on drinking the liquid concentrated drink flavors (mio). I have come to the conclusion that it is raising my glucose level. I have cut down on using it daily and my glucose levels have gone down. Plus I am eating better. So I am very happy that my glucose is lowering. :flowerforyou: Flowers for me. :smile:
  • stlbarbara
    Options
    I agree, I have been trying to drink less crystal light & no soda & more just plain water.