Lapband

Options
Itsmylifenow13
Itsmylifenow13 Posts: 20 Member
I had the lapband surgery 3 years ago lost 81 pounds but now I'm gaining. Has anyone had it done???? Need help BAD!!!!!

Replies

• epiphany29
    epiphany29 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I had mine 3 years ago in Sept. I have lost 117 and am continuing to lose. What things have changed with your eating habits? Do you need a fill perchance? What sorts of things are you feeling like you need help with?

pip
  • Itsmylifenow13
    Itsmylifenow13 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I had a fill 2 weeks ago but have gained 2 pounds. I never liked the protein shakes they offered so I drink the spinal k ones if I'm hungry at lunch I eat a small potato with margarine cheese salt pepper dinner last night it was small pork chop 1 small corn on the cob. I still snack I'm confused first they say potatoes and pasta are fine then there not I had a hard time convincing my doc to give me this fill because I'm gaining on the 17th of July I go in again I'm scared she won't give me another because I haven't lost.
  • epiphany29
    epiphany29 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Are you working at all with a nutritionist? I know my program pushes protein, protein, protein. They recommend avoiding carbs like potatoes, pasta, and corn. (I hate that). But I know when I eat carbs I can pack in more volume than I can if I pick a protein source to eat. So I try to eat my protein first so that by the time I get to the carbs I am too full and can't have more than a few bites.

My other possible worry for you is that you may be too tight. I had that happen to me and I couldn't eat more than a couple of bites of any solid food but I craved ice cream like it was going out of style and I could eat an entire pint without blinking. Too tight can push poor choices and might be part of things. Your choices for meals make me think of that time for me, lots of carbs, little to no protein.

When you track your food, are you coming in at a reasonable calorie intake for the day? When I was too tight I found I was eating only about 800 calories a day and that isn't going to encourage weight loss. (I haven't tried to look at your food journal).

Are you exercising? While I suck at it (thank god my doctor thinks my horse is good enough for exercise), it really does make a difference, folks who exercise with it seem to do better.

Pip
  • txin1
    txin1 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I had surgery 7 months ago and have lost 41 pounds. I'm a slow loser, but at least I'm not gaining.