July challenge.

Options
demilade
demilade Posts: 402 Member
As a few of us are still lurking but off track, let's start a new challenge. I'm thinking DRY JULY.

Traditionally this is giving up the demon drink, but I'm non alcoholic so I am giving up all sugar except apples. No biscuits, deserts, juice, chocolate, etc. gulp.

What is the main thing hindering your weight loss that you can give up for only a month.

Replies

• pancakesmajor
    pancakesmajor Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I'm job hunting now so I can't go completely dry (too many professional mixers, networking, etc... drinking is an important part of Asian business culture) but I will give up fast food and soda. :tongue: Hubby and I have gotten lazy about eating well and have stopped way too many times at a Jack in the Box, McDonald's :sick: , or In 'n' Out (we don't have an In n Out in Hawaii, but we stopped there FOUR TIMES in the last two weeks of vacation!!!!!).

It's not a big step but it's an achievable one, and I need a win right now.

I'm now 13 lbs heavier than when I started this year, which means I've gained almost 20 lbs :embarassed::noway: since I stopped tracking! Yikes :sad:
  • demilade
    Options
    6 hours to go, looking forward to it now, may not be tomorrow when I want choccy!
  • Bebeharden
    Bebeharden Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Tracking is so tough!!! But when I don't, I gain :/ Today was the first day I tracked in weeks and YIKES! Even with working out, I still ate more than I burned. SO...

I'm giving up after work snacks (unhealthy ones) for July! Since I've been home in the US, I've been eating a lot of candy and chips after work as a snack. So, instead I will have fruit and maybe Kale chips or something that is salty but better for my body. I'm a little late on this one, but hope that's okay!
  • dointammy
    dointammy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Love this challenge!! Sorry I missed the start I was on vacation and wasn't keeping track of anything. I am actually allergic to alcohol so I'm going to give up fast food my last month has been continuing fast food stops....I go for a nice walk and it ends at Mcdonalds. That is my biggest obstacle right now.
  • pancakesmajor
    Options
    ACK. I totally spaced on this and had McDonald's for breakfast on Monday.
    I was supposed to go grocery/costco shopping with my husband later that day and we didn't have milk or eggs or bananas for my normal breakfast choices (cereal, eggs & toast, or protein shakes) so I was like.. eh it can't hurt. :( Ugh obviously it did. Okay back on track...
  • demilade
    Options
    lol i have had a few slips but just keep trying
  • dointammy
    Options
    I've slipped as well....Culvers with friends.
  • pancakesmajor
    Options
    Why is July so much harder than January???
    Come baaaack motivation!!!!
    ::Runs after motivation, starts huffing and puffing::
    Crap.
    ::Walks after motivation?::
  • demilade
    Options
    Ive just had a chat with my dietician and she thinks my crazy sugar cravings are due to a lack of protein.

She has suggested that I increase my protein and increase my daily calories to curb my sugar slips and boost my loss.

So I am now on 80g protein a day and 1000-1200 claories.

I am going to try it for the rest of the month. I need to do something as i was hunting for chocolate at 7am!

Pancakes i feel your pain with the motivation. i have gone from running 5 days a week to nothing for a month. i blame the weather but im hitting the gym tonight, i have a 5km mud run to train for!
  • pancakesmajor
    Options
    Good luck with the protein increase! You've been doing so awesome - I know this will be great for you :)
  • dointammy
    Options
    I thought it was just me with no motivation....I'm not sure what happened but I'm really struggling to get back on track, about the only good thing I can say is I am walking to work every day. Now if I could just stop eating junk!!!
  • pancakesmajor
    Options
    Failing this challenge miserably. Husband had car issues the other day, by the time we got everything sorted and back to the mechanic there was no time to go home and cook dinner before my Junior League meeting so I let him talk me into a cheeseburger from Wendy's. We really don't eat fast food so often (he was fast food free for YEARS) so I don't know what's wrong with us lately. I felt so gross during and after, but I was SO HUNGRY and couldn't say no. Arg.