NEW- Let's be friends!

Options
Hey guys, so I'm new and I'd really like to build up a supportive network of friends :)

Replies

• DancerGal08
    Options
    Hi Kelly. I'm new here too and just sent you a friend request. :smile:
  • ThePrimalSpartan
    ThePrimalSpartan Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm semi-new here too! I haven't been using myfitnesspal all that long, even though I downloaded it months ago. Feel free to add me too!
  • Walking_Ace
    Walking_Ace Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just joined MFP today. I'm going to send you a friend request.please add me as a friend. Take care.
  • Fancyface1972
    Fancyface1972 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm new to MFP. I could really use a larger support team. Please add me. I would love any advice you have to offer. Thanks in advance.
  • kts1988
    kts1988 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me! i'm positive and supportive :)
  • kts1988
    kts1988 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me! i'm positive and supportive :)
  • LN2004
    LN2004 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You can add me too! I'm here for ya ;)
  • bishop003
    bishop003 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You can add me too !!!
  • 1MT3
    1MT3 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Add me please! I've gained since I stopped using this great site and app!
  • aactuallyaash
    aactuallyaash Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    i'm new too!! :blushing:
  • Shsmith55
    Shsmith55 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I joined a week ago-feel free to add me all!!
  • dkirkling
    dkirkling Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I've been on MFP for about a month now. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Darkefairie
    Darkefairie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    hey!! i am new to here and hoping to get some supportive friends on here :-)
  • CelebrateYou
    Options
    Hi guys,
    My name is Patty. I live in Bend and am committing to a Take Shape for Life program with the help of a coach who is also a dear friend. I hope this turns out to be a good thing since I want her honesty and would welcome her kicking me in the *kitten*, a-la Jillian Michaels, if necessary! :huh:

LOL

I know why I am fat, know my triggers, and am really clear on why I am doing this NOW. I know because... (Gulp) ... I have lost 140 pounds before with a gastric bypass back in 2001. However, as I can certainly testify, it is gastric surgery, not BRAIN surgery. Since old habits and coping choices have crept back in, the weight has crept back on. I will not go backward any more.

Generally I am kind of a solitary regimen gal but I have started to think that staying in touch with others who share his struggle can be a good thing as long as that communication is genuine and positive. I admit, I could use a little affirmation on that front as I have been somewhat burned in the past with giving a lot and not really receiving... How has staying in touch with strangers through this forum helped you? Please share!

I would live to offer support and get an atta-girl now and then if you will have me. Having contacts to share a laugh with is critical for my success, truly critical. :laugh: This is a tough journey for sure, but not rocket science. Less drama and more chutzpah and determination is my motto! For me, I simply have to say NO to old habits and commit to working in some new ones - like exercise! This one will be tough due to time but I know it is doable.

I would love to hear from you to get looped in as soon as possible. I am on my IPad every night and morning and will be a great, sensitive support buddy. Hope to hear from someone:)

Patty
  • CelebrateYou
    Options
    Happy to help, Kelly. I am new and would love to build up a support network
  • MoniGram71
    MoniGram71 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi! Just sent you a friend request. :-)
  • eddie8131
    eddie8131 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm not new (600+ days) but most of my friends are gone. So I'm kind of looking for a few more supportive friends (don't get me wrong, the few who have stayed are the best). Especially looking for those who understand emotional eating. Please feel free to add me, I'm supportive and positive, but not too annoying. :)
  • Grammi_C
    Grammi_C Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi Eddie and CelebrateYou, I'll add you too!
  • SionnaVeritas
    Options
    I need support.. add me.
  • DucksandOranges
    DucksandOranges Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Me too! me too! I've signed up ages ago but just started being an active member and am loving it:)