Like Monded Lushes June

Options

Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Hi all....my plan for zeros is not going well for the week.

I had 4 vodkas on Wed, 2 margs yesterday...

Syd, love the pic and nice to see you!!

Kate, *giggled* over the rain storm delay post...I love how your mind thinks.

Today is a rest day from exercise. I've been doing the C25K and my legs are a shattered mess. I've been walking to and fro from the ballgames which makes about 6 miles. Sad how deteriorated I've become with the PF. Anyway, PF must be in remission because it's not so painful to run. 6 long months to get this sucker healed *ha, ha, pun*.

I am hoping that the cardio is helping the BP and making the :heart: happy - now if the legs would just cooperate. I do have to say that seeing some definition is very nice.

OK - off to do filing/shredding of mounds of papers, laundry and final composition of the lasagna - takes FOREVER to make everything but so worth it when everyone is drooling for it.

Maybe some barre yoga tonight since nothing, absolutely nothing is going on.

Tomorrow is Warrior Dash.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Kim....healed...I see what you did there :wink: Glad its on the mend! I haven't had lasagna is such a long time, you have inspired me to whip some up soon!! Good luck tomorrow at the Dash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Dash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker:

^^^That's an oxymoron is my case^^^
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    Dash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker:

^^^That's an oxymoron is my case^^^

Don't you get a beer at the end when you finish?
  • nisijam5
    Options

Yep.

Oh, Kate, try to make the lasagna with bechamel sauce instead of ricotta - true Italian style. I have a recipe if you want it....so good.
  • kblue2007
    Options

Yep.

Oh, Kate, try to make the lasagna with bechamel sauce instead of ricotta - true Italian style. I have a recipe if you want it....so good.

PRETTY PLEASE :bigsmile:
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    And the quote of the month goes to SoCalWoman- Yea Syd!

Getting old sucks hairy donkey balls. :grumble:

Rains have finally abated, so I washed the windows that look out from the family room to the back of the house. Sometimes I just sit and rest my eyes on the scenery. Most relaxing! :yawn:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/lasagna-bolognese-recipe/index.html

Kate, here is the one I use for lasagna - it's amazingly good and tastes like a true Italian style - No ricotta here. I found this one because I generally only make a marinara sauce - but, for lasagna you need a meat sauce so I went with this one. Most recipes use ricotta so I looked long and hard for this one.

My tweaks are

1) Adding extra meat
    2) Add basil and parsley to the mix
    3) Omitted any salt because you really don't need it - has tons of flavor as is
    4) Cook the meat sauce all day - with the parmesan rind in it
    5) Used the whole can of tomato paste (not really sure why they do it this way, it seems strange) - Must be some way of thickening
    6) Double fresh herbs in place of dried if that's what you are using.
    7) Puree the tomatoes
    8) You can use no boil noodles to save an extra step if you need to.

Both the meat sauce and bechamel freeze for future needs.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    And the quote of the month goes to SoCalWoman- Yea Syd!

Getting old sucks hairy donkey balls. :grumble:

Rains have finally abated, so I washed the windows that look out from the family room to the back of the house. Sometimes I just sit and rest my eyes on the scenery. Most relaxing! :yawn:

I can't wait to see what she has next month...

Damn, you're wife should go away more often!!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/lasagna-bolognese-recipe/index.html

Kate, here is the one I use for lasagna - it's amazingly good and tastes like a true Italian style - No ricotta here. I found this one because I generally only make a marinara sauce - but, for lasagna you need a meat sauce so I went with this one. Most recipes use ricotta so I looked long and hard for this one.

My tweaks are

1) Adding extra meat
    2) Add basil and parsley to the mix
    3) Omitted any salt because you really don't need it - has tons of flavor as is
    4) Cook the meat sauce all day - with the parmesan rind in it
    5) Used the whole can of tomato paste (not really sure why they do it this way, it seems strange) - Must be some way of thickening
    6) Double fresh herbs in place of dried if that's what you are using.
    7) Puree the tomatoes
    8) You can use no boil noodles to save an extra step if you need to.

Both the meat sauce and bechamel freeze for future needs.

Fabulous! Thanks so much! I will have to plan this for a sunday funday!!!!!!
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    LOVE the pic SoCal!

Good luck on the dash nisi!

No ultrasounds coming my way crazycat haha

Ended up having wine last night since husband had beer after golf. So...

Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday & Thursday - wine
    Friday - wine with mom and Gram :smile:

Took today as a rest day because Aunt Flo has knocked all the energy outta me and since husband is golfing tomorrow I can work out while he's gone.
    Right now Mom, Gram and I are just relaxing....happy Friday all :flowerforyou:
  • shanaya37
    shanaya37 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Cheers, everyone! It is beer night for me tonight, just like every day except I can drink more being as I have 2 days off! Woot!
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Fri - 5 beers
    Team loss.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Love the pic Syd
    Dash on Kim
    Gary you and I live in one of the most beautiful states in the world.When we get this warm sunny weather I feel so lucky.
    Kat sorry about Aunt Flo. That is one thing I do like about getting old. Haven't seen her for years now.

I bought a flat of raspberries. sooo good. so last night I had vodka with raspberries. too much vodka with raspberries. The "C" at work was in rare form so I needed it. (She is no longer a "B" she is truly a "C" and I don't ever use that term but she deserves it)

Enjoy the weekend. Lush on!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the pic comments, everyone. :smooched:

1 beer. That was it for me booze wise last night, but I ate everything in sight. :noway:

I just can't seem to get back on track.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - Friday - wine
    Today - date night which = wine with husband :smile:

Not as many 0's as I wanted but the work outs were great, just got done with an hour on the bike which got rid of 722 calls :bigsmile:

Hope everyone has a great weekend :flowerforyou:
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    Thursday - 3 martinis
    Friday - 0
    Saturday -2 margaritas
  • crazycat59
    crazycat59 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Lushy weekend.

Fri 8 Natural lights
    Sat. 4 tequila/marg mix. BIG glasses.

Today....may have to finish the tequila....about 3 shots w/diet 7. Early in the day...so I can get ready for work tomorrow. HAHA!:laugh:
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Sun - 3 drinks
    Team loss.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    As usual way too much of everything this weekend. Syd, I ate all the food and drank all the vodka, beer and tequila, so don't feel too bad!! Fabulous weekend though. I am going to try and stay dry until thursday. We are heading down the shore and will get my fill thursday-saturday!