looking for new foods/products

Options
melmobs1
melmobs1 Posts: 14 Member
I am not an actual Vegan, however I would like to be.

I already eat mostly fruits and veggies, no meat , and limited dairy but would love some suggestions for easy to prepare foods (I don't like to spend too much time in the kitchen) that are not soy based. I just found a coffee creamer that I really like made with coconut milk and am super excited about that!

Replies

• Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I like Quorn products .
  • Metallux
    Metallux Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I like West Soy Seitan, easy to mix into meals as a "meat replacement", it has a similar consistency and absorbs flavors well--high protein.
    Beans and rice are excellent, filling, low cal, and tasty.
    I mix nutritional yeast into a lot of my foods. and avocado makes a delicious side to a lot of things.
    oatmeal with chia, flax seed, and goji berry in the morning is now a staple!
    daiya cheese is pretty good cheese substitute, but it has a kind of kraft singles taste to it which I don't find very quality.
  • babynew
    babynew Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Blender Meals are Perfect. Especially this time of year with all the local vegs, fruits, + herbs! No dairy, soy ,wheat or Sulfites needed. All natural and fresh. Just Google raw recipes or raw blender meals. AVoid Miso for the sodium + soy. Good luck & have fun *;*:flowerforyou:
  • DrVeggie
    DrVeggie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Quorn has egg in it! Not vegan! Ovovegetarian.
  • TheLadyRaw
    TheLadyRaw Posts: 17
    Options
    People seem to really dig preparing oats or flaxmeal at night and leave it in the fridge/rice cooker (for huge batches that last a week) to be ready to grab and go in the morning.
    I suggest preparing the oats/flax meal overnight with some vanilla bean/extract and cinnamon. In the morning, drop in dried fruit/sliced nuts/fresh fruit/sweetener/whatever you like... mix and go!