Great guide for ketogenic dieting

Options
JisatsuHoshi
JisatsuHoshi Posts: 421 Member
Find a great guide to ketogenic dieting. Better than what I found at other websitez. Just wanted to share.

http://josepharcita.blogspot.com/2011/03/guide-to-ketosis.html

Replies

• blaqpepa
    blaqpepa Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Thanks, great link. He explains everything well without killing us with uber scientific info.
  • Golightly17
    Golightly17 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    This is great!! Thanks for sharing it
  • fitKT2B
    fitKT2B Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Great article. I am sure I will keep going back to it. I am still not in ketosis (I think ). I have been on this a full week. Any suggestions? Also I work out 4-5 times a week, I shouldn't carb up until I enter ketosis and am out of the induction phase right?
  • JisatsuHoshi
    Options
    Great article. I am sure I will keep going back to it. I am still not in ketosis (I think ). I have been on this a full week. Any suggestions? Also I work out 4-5 times a week, I shouldn't carb up until I enter ketosis and am out of the induction phase right?

I recommend an Induction phase of 2 weeks before starting weekly/bi-weekly carb ups.
  • xMermaidx
    xMermaidx Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Wow, excellent read! Thank you for posting!
  • JisatsuHoshi
    Options
    Wow, excellent read! Thank you for posting!

No problem. tryimg to share as much keto info as I can.
  • JisatsuHoshi
    Options
    Bump... Who are the admins we need this pinned...
  • JisatsuHoshi
    Options
    Bump... Knowledge is power!
  • RaylaSunGoddess
    Options
    Thanks! Love the tat!
  • Math_Geek
    Math_Geek Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this, I've spent a lot of time reading it. Is it your site?
  • LoveDreamSmile
    Options
    It is a great guide! I found out about it a week ago..wonderful stuff. =-)
  • JisatsuHoshi
    Options
    Found another great guide for keto dieting:

http://www.wellnesscare.com.au/ketogenic.html

but the macros from this Australian based guide is set at 50% fats, 30% proteins, 20% Carbs... Gona look into it more...
  • Jodibear58
    Jodibear58 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JisatsuHoshi
    Options
    Bump
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I've just reset for 70%fat, 20%protein, 10%carbs, but I'm really wondering, how in the world to keep my protein that low. Apparently if we eat too much protein, it can get in the way of ketosis.
  • Golightly17
    Golightly17 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I've just reset for 70%fat, 20%protein, 10%carbs, but I'm really wondering, how in the world to keep my protein that low. Apparently if we eat too much protein, it can get in the way of ketosis.

I include fat with every meal. I cook in Kerrygold butter, use coconut oil with any supplemental shakes, MCT oil and heavy cream in coffee, make rich sauces... It's really decadent and surprisingly easy once you get in the hang of high fat versions of meals.
  • zumbajheri
    zumbajheri Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Found another great guide for keto dieting:

http://www.wellnesscare.com.au/ketogenic.html

but the macros from this Australian based guide is set at 50% fats, 30% proteins, 20% Carbs... Gona look into it more...

"...is based on providing a maximum of 20% of calories derived from carbohydrates, 30% of calories from fat, and a minimum of 50% of calories derived from protein."

I thought I read it incorrectly, but it appears this Australian version goes by a high protein ratio. Do you think this was perhaps a typo?
  • Cinloykko
    Cinloykko Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Bump - Amazing link! Thanks for the post.
    Right now, i have my macros on MFP set to 25 carbs, 40 protein, 35 fat. Is that good? I'm new to low carving.
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Bump - Amazing link! Thanks for the post.
    Right now, i have my macros on MFP set to 25 carbs, 40 protein, 35 fat. Is that good? I'm new to low carving.

I think you're meaning percentages. I set my carbs to 10%, protein to 20%, and fat to 70%. The goal is to keep net carbs around 25-30 carbs a day (after subtracting fiber).