Dear JaneBShaw

Options

Replies

• SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    She just messaged me. She also messaged me as Health_Gal (I'm positive it's the same person). I wonder if she stands outside local CF affiliates and pickets them or something?
  • happyheathen927
    happyheathen927 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Has to be the same person; doesn't she keep referencing the same couple of articles in all her incarnations?
  • Dmkolls
    Dmkolls Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Has to be the same person; doesn't she keep referencing the same couple of articles in all her incarnations?

The articles that get posted in here are the ones I got PM'd to me.
  • momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I got one too! I feel like I'm "in." :laugh:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Let's hope she doesn't hear about this horrifying, yet mostly secret danger of crossfit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKzq1upNIgU
  • SnicciFit
    Options
    Let's hope she doesn't hear about this horrifying, yet mostly secret danger of crossfit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKzq1upNIgU

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! There's a few ladies at my box with this issue. I, personally haven't had this particular issue yet, BUT... I don't have kids and I haven't really mastered DUs yet. So, I probably have something to look forward to :D
  • happyheathen927
    Options
    3 kids + jumping rope = :noway: :grumble: :embarassed: :ohwell:

Can I tell you how happy that video just made me?
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    If she has two accounts on the same site = ban report her
  • WillieMN
    WillieMN Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I just joined a Crossfit box. Starting in July. Please go ahead and tell me what a mistake I'm making on this thread so I don't have to worry about your messaging me in private or anything like that.

Then go away. Thanks

Jeff

+1 this made me laugh. She's still out there! I joined a CF box 5 weeks ago and a year from now I will celebrate my first year anniversary :glasses:
  • fakeittomakeit
    fakeittomakeit Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Pissing myself during every workout would be the only deterrent for me doing crossfit. I just need to get baggier pants and thicker pads.... I will not blame being out of shape on having kids, but I will blame my stress incontinence on them. ;o)
  • ahemming1
    ahemming1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Feeling the love. Just got my first email from our friend this morning...still going by the Jane name. Here is my own personal reply, if anyone would like to cut and paste later when/if they get one. You'll need to put your own success story, as I am sure we all have one!

She did reply and mentioned that the sport would fall hard when we all realize what it does to us. She said she would not want to participate in a sport that had heavy weightlifting and caused rotator cuff, issues, etc. From her comments, it doesn't sound like she has ever tried CrossFit. I replied one last time and included the link to the Forbes article about CrossFit being a top 5 fitness trend that was here to stay. And asked that she quit sending unsolicited opinions.

MY REPLY TO HER EMAIL>>>>

I have heard about you in the CrossFit forums and quite honestly think that you need to stop this madness. If CrossFit is not your sport of choice, then so be it, but please do not try to sway others from experiencing it. I am going on the assumption that you have not tried it for more than a single workout or two. You are doing more harm than good...as people who could and would greatly benefit from it may be turned away by your uneducated comments and emails. What a shame.

I have lost 60 pounds over the last 2.5 years. I back squat 205# and deadlift 255# at the age of 47. I have had one injury in the last year that I have been doing CrossFit....and that came from a 20 minute HIIT run I was doing on the treadmill....not CrossFit.

Any exercise program comes with risk if the person who is participating does not seek guidance and/or coaching. I have participated in CrossFit for over a year now and it is the single BEST thing that I have ever done for myself. It is a program that after 47 years, I have stuck to for any given amount of time. It not only has physical benefits, but mental ones as well.

And, I hate to break it to you, but CrossFit is only getting bigger, better and stronger in the fitness world. Have you seen the cover of Shape magazine this month....Camille LeBlanc Bazinet, CrossFitter in Canada. The cover of Muscle and Fitness a few months ago and the cover of Reps magazine this month...Rich Froning Jr., 2011/2012 CrossFit Games Champion.

CrossFit is here to stay. And, I will support it and share my success story with 10X the number of people you try to poison with your criticism. And, if you know my story and can see my progress.....Actions Speak LOUDER than words.
    I suggest you try it.
  • SnicciFit
    Options
    great response!!!

My response to her explained how my husband had started CF after 15+ years of being sedentary due to an accident that left him (literally!) pinned together (hip & ankle). It's the first program he's stuck with. His mobility has increased 10-fold. He's off of his pain meds! I asked her if she had ever thought that for some people, CF might be the ONE thing that got them started on a road to better health. Apparently not, because she's still spewing her bs in people's inboxes.
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    I finally got one from here, I'm finally a cool kid. Yes!!!!!
  • ortega1990
    ortega1990 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I have my own theory on this Jane person - she's wants to drive traffic to her blogs. The more she spams by sending those links and people click on them, the more traffic to her pages (I assume the pages are hers). I didn't click on the links - not really all that interested in her rhetoric.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I heard a rumor that she may be on a mod-imposed vacation from the forums. Seems consistent with not having seen a post from her in a couple of weeks.
  • kevie1021
    kevie1021 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I just joined a Crossfit box. Starting in July. Please go ahead and tell me what a mistake I'm making on this thread so I don't have to worry about your messaging me in private or anything like that.

Then go away. Thanks

Jeff

I'm a little late to this party but I 110% agree. I got a message from her a few days ago. I didn't want to dignify her psycho-ness with a response...
  • kevie1021
    kevie1021 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    @ahemming - Great response!!
  • Kmh45126
    Kmh45126 Posts: 21
    Options
    Hmmmm....I'm apparently not as tactful and dignified as the rest of you. I told her to quit pm'ing me, called her an annoying wench and told her to consider herself blocked. :noway:
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    ^That works too. :)
  • happyheathen927
    Options
    Got mine last night. My response:

YOU are the only person I've ever seen post those "articles." I refuse to take advice from someone who bases their decisions on one-sided articles and hearsay.

Not that it's any of your business, but my trainers are close friends and fully-qualified to do what they do. Perhaps if all those vast numbers of people you know who have been injured doing CrossFit had been more selective and had taken more responsibility for their own actions, they would still be injury- free.

The only injuries I've sustained since increasing my activity level have been from RUNNING...not CrossFit...and my trainers very strictly monitor me to ensure I recover fully while continuing to stay active.

Please don't contact me again.