90 days=rest

Options
DaveMurphy6
DaveMurphy6 Posts: 129 Member
Some have asked about numbers for my BFL routine,..Here they are

goal is 3-5 one hour workouts per week to meet the 6 30 minute workouts suggested. (Due to time constraints its easier for me to do longer workouts fewer days per week)

13 workouts each month averaging an hour( I always have surpassed this)

39 workouts every 90 days(always surpass this)

MFP tracks this for me under reports

Every 90 days I take a week off...but to clarify I often do workouts during that time but I mentally take a break...If I want to workout I do. I don't agonize over it plus the downtime is good for healing up some bumps and bruises.

I have scheduled my 4 weeks off to be between 1.christmas and new years,2. first part of April 3. The 4th of July Holiday week and in October. I also cut my workout goals in half for December(christmas shopping parties etc) and July(hottest time of the year) However I usually meet or exceed that, but again I don't sweat it if I don't.

As an example I'm going into my 4th of July break with 19 workouts so far the last 30 days and 47 the last 90 days.

I would suggest you consider something similar for yourself to get that break you deserve and be more fired up when you return to your schedule.

Continued success to you all

Replies

• paxbfl
    paxbfl Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Awesome post. Speaks to me with vacation coming up. I'm already agonizing how I'm going to do my workouts, etc. I like your attitude - do the workout if I can (and feel like it) but don't sweat it. Rest up and work out hard upon returning.

It comes back to doing it long-term. If you beat yourself up and get injured or just burn out, you're not going to last too long.
  • Navymustng
    Navymustng Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Great Stuff Dave! Looks like you have this planned and well thought out.

Thank you.
  • DaveMurphy6
    DaveMurphy6 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Another 90 days done..break week..but going to the gym today anyways
  • Navymustng
    Navymustng Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Nice! Keep going Dave!