Fish Skin?

Options
KBGirts
KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
Do you eat the skin of your fish? For example, Wild Salmon?

Replies

• Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Hell yes.

It's delicious. Like bacon of the water.
  • strychnine7
    strychnine7 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hell yes.

It's delicious. Like bacon of the water.

Yup.
  • Flmommy1
    Flmommy1 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    No, but not because its not healthy it just grosses me out.
  • monkeydharma
    monkeydharma Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    If I have the opportunity to fry it crisp, then yes - but usually it is just sticking to the pan and is gummy. I have found, however, that my cats love it just fine and stop bugging me for pieces of the good stuff. ;)
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    It usually ends up as dog treats. I haven't thought of frying it until crisp. That sounds good, so I may try it.
  • iconnor
    iconnor Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I love salmon skin! so delicious!
  • JinksE21
    JinksE21 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'd almost rather eat crispy salmon skin than bacon! Almost.........
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    No, but not because its not healthy it just grosses me out.

This...but I'll try frying it next time.
  • Prettygirl150
    Prettygirl150 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Lol ... i love this board, you guys really make me laugh. I'm interested in learning about frying salmon - never have done it before ... thanks for the idea of giving the skin to my dog, I usually don't eat the skin, but my husband does.
  • Prettygirl150
    Prettygirl150 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    If I have the opportunity to fry it crisp, then yes - but usually it is just sticking to the pan and is gummy. I have found, however, that my cats love it just fine and stop bugging me for pieces of the good stuff. ;)

How do you fry it crisp?
  • monkeydharma
    monkeydharma Posts: 599 Member
    Options

How do you fry it crisp?
    Well, you can either stick it under the broiler for a couple of minutes, or throw it in a pan with a bit of butter or other oil. Depends on what pans I dirtied during the meal or how I cooked the salmon in the first place.
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options

How do you fry it crisp?
    Well, you can either stick it under the broiler for a couple of minutes, or throw it in a pan with a bit of butter or other oil. Depends on what pans I dirtied during the meal or how I cooked the salmon in the first place.

LMAO. So, do you cut off the skin before you make the salmon and fry it separately, or do you grill/bake/fry the fish with the skin on, remove the skin, and then fry it?
  • melaniefave41
    melaniefave41 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I don't eat the skin, just no desire to. However, I dated a guy from Germany when I was younger and that was always his favorite part when I cooked salmon. So I always thought it was some weird European thing.