Options
MIM49
MIM49 Posts: 255 Member
and exactly what you are paying for?

Replies

• PippaJo_
    PippaJo_ Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Since I hate when other people are coy with this kind of information, I'll tell you! :-)

Each box of MF food is $16.95, for 7 packets.

You're supposed to eat 5 MF meals a day (on the 5 & 1 program, which is the way almost everyone uses it, especially at first).

So, you need approximately 140 meals a month, which equals 20 boxes of food, which shakes out to $339 a month. If you sign up for regular, automatic shipments, the shipping cost is waived (about $16-17).

You can also purchase as much or as little food as you want, at any time, even down to a single packet of items, to try them out.

It sounds expensive, and it kind of is, but to put it in perspective, you're then eating a LOT LESS of any other kind of food, so your grocery bill should be slashed by quite a bit. You're only buying some daily protein and vegetables for one meal a day. And if you regularly eat out for lunch, or grab fast food, then you're saving a LOT. I know that I'm saving probably $100/month just on lunches/fast food, and probably another $100 on any other food I'd eat at home for the month. (And I wasn't a big spender on food before.) So the out-of-pocket cost for this program is not outrageous, when you think of it that way, especially because on this, I'm losing weight. Eating the way I was before, I was not losing weight. I'm either spending the money on MF food, or I'm spending it on bigger clothes.....it's a no-brainer, as far as I'm concerned!
  • kimmy6779
    kimmy6779 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I pay 271 a month........ if you sign up for auto shipments (which you can cancel any time online, no calling, or push next shipment date back however long you want) then you get 4 free boxes..... so I only pay for 16 boxes and get the other 4 free.....
  • ShannonM816
    Options
    PippaJo's got a good breakdown, but I wanted to throw in -- I broke it down to a per meal cost, and it's a little over $2/meal ($2.45 I think). Then you have one real meal a day. I know for me, that made it easier to justify, as I was eating out a lot, and this is definitely cheaper than that, not to mention then I was gaining weight, and now I'm losing weight.
  • Rosiemac2
    Rosiemac2 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I found that I do not spend any money eating out since I pack my meals and water for the day..that saves a lot...plus you are a cheap date if you go out to eat since you don't drink alcohol/ no aps or desserts.....I am no longer wasting food...I buy what I need and get fresh food for my lean and greens.....They usually have som eintro specials online where you get some free meals when you join....and the coaches if you want one are free as well.....In reality the cost is the same as what you are spending for food now.....but you really save when you go out....no morw fast food though....I haven't eaten fastfood in over a year.....You can't put a pricetag on you health .....I now have perfect blood pressure:) You will need to save $$$ for all th enew cute clothes you will be buying!!!
  • PippaJo_
    Options
    I pay 271 a month........ if you sign up for auto shipments (which you can cancel any time online, no calling, or push next shipment date back however long you want) then you get 4 free boxes..... so I only pay for 16 boxes and get the other 4 free.....

As far as I know, this 'deal' only works for the first two shipments.

If you happen to be getting it beyond that, please tell me how! :-)
  • MCLA4mom
    MCLA4mom Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    If you want to do the whole program and not just the food the curriculum costs $45. Its a great text and work book that really helps you learn about your behaviors, triggers, and emotions and gets your head in the game.
  • tyanna68
    tyanna68 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You can open accounts in other names to get the "deal" of course it doesn't last forever unless you have a huge family lol. For example, I have an account in my hubbys name and my daughters name. When my 2 month deal is done, I cancel my be slim and sign up under my hubbby, when that 2 month is done, cancel and sign up under another family member and so on.
  • PippaJo_
    Options
    If you want to do the whole program and not just the food the curriculum costs $45. Its a great text and work book that really helps you learn about your behaviors, triggers, and emotions and gets your head in the game.

Or borrow the book from the library. ;-)
  • PippaJo_
    Options
    You can open accounts in other names to get the "deal" of course it doesn't last forever unless you have a huge family lol. For example, I have an account in my hubbys name and my daughters name. When my 2 month deal is done, I cancel my be slim and sign up under my hubbby, when that 2 month is done, cancel and sign up under another family member and so on.

Yes, but that's a bit dishonest, don't you think?

Besides, when I'm done, my hubby will likely do it himself - at which point he can get 'his' 2 months of free product.
  • tyanna68
    tyanna68 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Actually it was coach who told me to do it that way.
  • MCLA4mom
    MCLA4mom Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Or borrow the book from the library. ;-)

If its not available at the library (non in nyc) then you can get it off the TSFL site where you order your food. It's also available on amazon.