EphiePossum
EphiePossum Posts: 15 Member
Is there anyone from Brisbane here?

Workout buddies?

Replies

• Tisha247
    Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm not from Brisbane but the Sunshine coast. There is a Queenslander group on here if your interested in connecting with Queenslanders.
  • misssmarita
    Options
    I'm moving to Brisbane in a few months, I'd be happy to be your workout buddy then :) By the way, have you ever done the 5k Park Run in New Farm Park? I wanna start doing those when I move to Brisbane, looks like so much fun!
  • Jobiwun
    Jobiwun Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey there

I live in South Brisbane and very keen to make some new workout buddies!
    I also joined Park Run but haven't been yet so would be great to go to South Bank or New Farm soon....
  • walkingforward
    walkingforward Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Aussie in Brissie here !
  • zlxoxo
    zlxoxo Posts: 7
    Options
    Brisbane/sunny coast here! Feel free to add me :)
  • eag264
    eag264 Posts: 116
    Options
    South Brisbane here!

Feel free to add me, need more local friends both on MFP and in real life!
  • fredhack
    fredhack Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi, I live in western subs and work in south brisbane M - F. I Walk around South bank Tue and Thus's. Thinking of starting a walking club/Diet club or something similar. I just need the motivation and don't want to do the weight watchers thing although see the benefits of having to weigh in and hold yourself accountable for any weight gain. I need the back up for encouragement, which is difficult to find unless you join weight watchers.

I seem to have been on a constant diet since I turned 35.... Recently (the last month) I started another diet (way of life??? I don't think so. I love my food too much) and I have lost 8 kilo's in that time, so self motivated at the moment to keep it going, but I know I will need help and encouragement in the coming weeks.

If there is anyone interested, let me know.

Fred
  • sheldonsteyn
    sheldonsteyn Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Gold Coast!
  • tasha_1306
    tasha_1306 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I'm in Brisbane North and work in the CBD Mon-Fri.
    Is there any walking groups around here? I have about 10kg to lose.
  • ladydars
    ladydars Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm in Brisbane!
    I live and work in the CBD.

I am going to attempt the City2South on the 16th of June - anyone else game?
    (I will NOT be running the whole thing, and have nightmares about coming last...)

~Amanda
  • kellzi89
    kellzi89 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone I'm from Brisbane south side!! Anyone else doing the Bridge to Brisbane in September???
  • EphiePossum
    EphiePossum Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I would love to do this but I am a really bad runner. I can't run for more then 2 minutes without screwing something up!
  • da_sammit
    da_sammit Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    nth side here!
  • BooksTea
    BooksTea Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Taringa here! (west side?) I'd love some friends on here
  • Roblyssa
    Roblyssa Posts: 125
    Options
    Redbank Plains, on the outskirts of Ipswich (Just behind Springfield Orion).

Would love to hook up with locals. I have started again today with my SIL who lives 2 streets away.

We are keen for anyone local to join us.

I work full time Mon - Fri at Rocklea.
  • rockinken
    Options
    I was thinking about it, but really need to step up the running side of my program. Where do you work out?
  • jenanigans_from_space
    Options
    Red Hillian, here. Work and go to PURE in the CBD.
  • LakotaSunrise
    LakotaSunrise Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Valley girl here :D