July Challenge

Options
SandiW02
SandiW02 Posts: 223 Member
Since starting we have kicked off with setting a standard of 5 lbs a month. Since we are all different shapes and sizes - I want us to set our own goal (again) but add something to it.

thoughts: try a new exercise, change your routine, push just a little harder, spend more time working out, do an am and pm workout

Log on and share your goals.

Sandi

Replies

• SandiW02
    Options
    Ok so my vacation turned into a hot mess so far - no really. I was doing great and then my kids did not want me to leave in the am to workout (too long to go into that) so I stopped going to the gym last Thursday. Well that was the last time I weighed in as well. Today I went back to the gym because I had to - my skin in gross, my body feels like it is 1000 lbs, I am dragging butt (literally).

My weigh in this morning was 285 (can I tell you how PO I am right now). So while I made Junes' goal - I also went back in time.

July's goal:

Week 1: lose the weight I gained and workout everyday
    Week 2: get back on my schedule since I will be home and start my new goal of 5 - 7 lbs and make an appointment with a nutritionist.
    Week 3: set that later lol

So I did a 30 minute workout on the treadmill burning 358 calories and I am going to Zumba tonight for a good 900+ burn.
  • bearcrusher
    Options
    July challenge accepted!

I'm hoping for just over 27 lbs of weight loss so I can finally get below 300.
    I'll check in on Sundays like last month.
    So here we go again!

Starting Weight: 403.0
    Current Weight: 326.8
    Goal Weight for July: 299

July 7:
    July 14:
    July 21:
    July 28:
    July 31:

I love seeing how many people made their goals last month.
  • cindyb1984
    cindyb1984 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Can I join in this challenge?
    My goal for July is to get under 320. At my weigh in last Saturday I was 326.2. Today I weighed in at 331.8. So my goal is to lose this weight that I regained and also another 6 to get under 320.
    Here goes...
  • miranda823
    miranda823 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    My goal is to make it through my 4th of July/summer vacation without gaining. I'd also like to be down 8 pounds by the end of the month.

Starting weight: 301
    Current Weight: 263.3
    GW for July: 255
  • SandiW02
    Options
    I am reading some great goals and I know we can all do it! Stay positive and stay motivated.
  • smacmillan86
    smacmillan86 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm in for this one!

SW: 403.8lbs
    CW: 370.6lbs
    GW: 365 lbs

I have 12 days (YAY) of vacation coming up at the end of the month into August, so getting to 365 before that and maintaining that is my main goal this month.
  • Wildflowerangel
    Wildflowerangel Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm joining this challenge! I did last month's challenge and lost the 5lbs I was hoping to lose. :)

Other goals: Eat a serving of FRESH produce each day. It's summertime, and there's no need for frozen or canned produce when summer produce is the best! Plus, I need to get more vegetables and fruits in my diet. Also, I've been traveling a lot lately, and I'm having a hard time losing weight while I'm traveling. Last month, I managed to not gain any weight while away from home. This month, I'd like to continue losing weight (although maybe at a slower rate) when I travel.

SW: 228
    CW: (7-2-2013): 198
    GW: (by 7-31-2013): 193
    UWG: 120-130

I will do my weigh-ins on Wednesdays (so, the 10th, 17th, 24th, and 31st).
  • SandiW02
    Options
    Taking a BRAVO -

As I have told stated, I gained about 8 lbs(ish) while on vacation. I weighed in today - yes premature but I just had to know how I was doing by changing. So here it is...

SW: 285 July 1
    CW: 280 July 3

That's right - I couldn't believe it myself. What did I do you ask? Well I am drinking my water again, I am finally pooping, and I added the weights back into my routine making my 30 min am workout close to an hour.

So I still have Zumba tonight which is about a 900 calorie burn...My official weigh in will go back to Tuesday will be at home as I am going back home on Saturday.
  • smacmillan86
    Options
    That's fantastic! It's amazing what getting back into a good routine can do for your body. Way to go!
  • smacmillan86
    Options
    I'm checking in for this week. :-)

July 3 - 369.2
  • cindyb1984
    cindyb1984 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    July 1 - 331.8 lbs
    July 5 - 327.00 lbs

My goal for July is to be under 320lbs. I normally weigh in Fridays (forgot to post it here yesterday) but my weigh ins got screwed up cause of another challenge that I started on July 1. (So last week I didn't officially weigh in till then) It will be Friday's from now on.

Cindy
  • bearcrusher
    Options
    Starting Weight: 403.0
    Current Weight: 326.8
    Goal Weight for July: 299

July 7: 320.2
    July 14:
    July 21:
    July 28:
    July 31:
  • tokig0313
    tokig0313 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight: 322
    Current Weight: 306.2 (06/29/13)
    Goal Weight for July: 299 - let's get out of the 300s!

*Note: I'm going on holidays next week - so my mini goal is to hopefully at least maintain my weight loss vs do a ton of damage.

07/07/13 305.8 lbs
  • SandiW02
    Options
    Owning it!

July 1 - 285 lbs
    July 8 - 280.2 lbs...goal is to drop 3+lbs and stay within caloric intake
    July 15 -
    July 22
    July 29

Goal Weight is 275
  • miranda823
    Options
    July Starting Weight: 263.3
    Current Weight: 266.4
    GW for July: 260

So I failed at making it through vacation without gaining. Too many tempting foods and social eating scenarios....and let's not forget the alcohol. It was a good time, and I have no regrets. However, my weigh in on my day home read 268. 5 lbs gained. Not surprised, but a little sad nonetheless!
    Down to 266.4 as of yesterday. My new goal is to lose the vacation gain and get to 260 by the end of the month. Hoping I can do this and jump back on track.
  • SandiW02
    Options
    July Starting Weight: 263.3
    Current Weight: 266.4
    GW for July: 260

So I failed at making it through vacation without gaining. Too many tempting foods and social eating scenarios....and let's not forget the alcohol. It was a good time, and I have no regrets. However, my weigh in on my day home read 268. 5 lbs gained. Not surprised, but a little sad nonetheless!
    Down to 266.4 as of yesterday. My new goal is to lose the vacation gain and get to 260 by the end of the month. Hoping I can do this and jump back on track.

I gained over my vacation as well. Life happens and I complained and whined but I was so out of my element. I did have bad choices and had fun. Now I am back home in my element and back on track. You got it too! I have faith you will reach your goal!
  • Wildflowerangel
    Wildflowerangel Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Just checking in, and way to go to all of those who are meeting their goals so far :)

SW: 228
    7-2-2013: 198
    7-10-2013: 195
    GW: (by 7-31-2013): 193
    UWG: 120-130

I'm meeting my goal of eating more produce! Woohoo! Lately, I've been obsessed with cucumbers. They're so crispy and light and delicious and... mmm... I want a cucumber now..
  • miranda823
    Options

I gained over my vacation as well. Life happens and I complained and whined but I was so out of my element. I did have bad choices and had fun. Now I am back home in my element and back on track. You got it too! I have faith you will reach your goal!

Thanks for the support! I weighed again this morning and I'm back down to 264. That made me feel loads better. Official way in is tomorrow so I'm hoping it's good news.
  • SandiW02
    Options

Thanks for the support! I weighed again this morning and I'm back down to 264. That made me feel loads better. Official way in is tomorrow so I'm hoping it's good news.

Way to Go!! Our bodies can be so temperamental. Glad to hear your good news.
  • smacmillan86
    Options
    I'm checking in for this week. :-)

July 3 - 369.2
    July 11 - 367.8