Tuesday July 2 Commitment

Options
PinkNinjaLaura
PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
Good morning Diehards!

I was a little down yesterday but I've got my mojo back this morning. I had a great session with my trainer last night and he decided it's time for a recovery week, so lighter workouts.

Today's commitments:
- eat well
- water, water, water
- Zumba after work tonight
- reach my 10K steps

What's on your agenda for today?

Replies

• Em2je05
    Em2je05 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    July 2nd Commitment:
    -Drink 8 glasses of water
    -Stay within my 1,000 calorie deficit
    -Walk 1 1/2 miles during work
    -Walk for 20 minutes during lunchbreak

**I didn't put any food in yesterday because I was surprised with my little niece being born at home (which was planned) and delivered by her daddy (which was not planned). So I kind of celebrated with them with chipotle and brownies.

**And I forgot my bodymedia today for my steps and calories burned :(
  • Unaisha8
    Unaisha8 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! How are you all?

Today's commitment is to go for a jog with a friend, drink 6-8 glasses of water and eat healthily. I'm looking for a workout to tone up my body. Please recommend one if you know any :)
  • krk5235
    krk5235 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    its rained sooo much here the last week, i sink 3 to 4 inches by walking in my garden. had a couple squash plants die from root rot already, so that pretty much leaves me out of the hiking and biking tonite, maybe just go for a walk on the road if the showers would take a break. We have had over 6 inches of rain in the last 3 days ick. Some towns have had 5 inches of rain in an hour, and had flooding of course.
  • TrinaGoss
    TrinaGoss Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Good morning! This evening I'll run 2 miles, and I'll probably go on a bike ride with my kiddo! She just learned how to ride her bike a couple of weeks ago, so it's her new favorite hobby! She rode 3 miles on Sunday and 5 yesterday, and since she's only 6 either my husband or I, or both of us, ride our bikes with her. Good family time and good excercise!
  • abikinibyjuly
    abikinibyjuly Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Hi Diehards!

I hit the gym this morning. According to my new lifting routine it was "back" day. Last night, I searched you tube for videos of all the exercises so I'd know what I was doing at the gym (and not look like a dumbass). I felt pretty empowered and got it all done and finished up with 25 minutes on the treadmill. Not sure if my sweat was from my workout or the heat, but I was pretty soggy when I left.

My husband and I have plans to meet up with another couple for Happy Hour at a Mecican restaurant after work, so I'm trying to be conservative with my calories this afternoon. My challenge will be to keep my hand out of the tortilla chip basket!
  • babyblackbutterfly
    Options
    Did a slow jog cuz I have a sore neck. What the heck?
    Don't know if I pulled something or not, but can hardly move it...
    Doing a warm rice bag for relief. Any other ideas?
    UGH!
    BBB
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Did a slow jog cuz I have a sore neck. What the heck?
    Don't know if I pulled something or not, but can hardly move it...
    Doing a warm rice bag for relief. Any other ideas?
    UGH!
    BBB

Ouch. Did you wake up with it or did it start during the day? I know if I sleep with my head at a bad angle I'll wake up with a really stiff & sore neck. Usually I just rely on heat & ibuprofen.

My Zumba class got cancelled. Trying to talk myself into heading out for a run instead since that would get me to my step goal & be a good cardio workout as well.