New the Group and the BFC/slim happybelly.com book

Options
Hi everyone, i just started the carb cycling plan for women over 40 today. i have to say its not too bad. its crazy how much sugar carbs are in everything. i'm going to track how my body works and how i learn to swap things for the menus on the 2/5 program from Jorge Cruise. I wish the book was out, but not till december 2013, but till then i'm following Jorge's instructions. you can ask me along the way if you have any questions as i go on this journey to get my waist line back.

Replies

• worley7472
    Options
    I'm doing carb cycling, too. I tried doing The100 without cycling and it didn't feel right for me. My awareness of carb/sugar in foods has grown rapidly. I found it surprising how many shelves at the grocery store are devoted to high carb/sugar foods. Too bad this web site focuses on calories and exercise. I can track carbs, but there aren't any support tools like charts and such. It's a different way of thinking about eating. I'm still adjusting to it and to be honest, a little skeptical. But hopeful, ever hopeful.
  • elainescotton
    Options
    i actually started an official blog so i can document, and show whats been working and what may not, along with some recipes i've come up with while i'm out and about at restaurants.

http://happyhormoneshappywifehappylife.blogspot.com/

drop by and hopefully we can help each other.
    elaine
  • kymmitut
    kymmitut Posts: 17
    Options
    Thanks for the blog link, I'll take a look! I've been doing the standard BFC for some time now and am really happy with it. I've been stuck with my weight loss for a few weeks, however, so may be interested in trying the carb cycle to see if I can shake myself out of it.
  • mransom1970
    mransom1970 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I started on Monday. There is support group on facebook that has a lot of recipes and advise. As of this morning I was down almost 2 pounds!
  • dkginger
    dkginger Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I just started BFC the original plan today. I am hoping MFP can help with the tracking of the 15/6. I'm also hoping for accountability and support from this group. I don't see much activity on the 2 facebook groups I joined over the weekend.
  • crystalbjo
    Options
    Hi I started the Happy Hormone / Jorge Cruise diet after seeing it in the Costco magazine. I have been on it almost 3 weeks- so far 8 + pounds down, little craving or feeling of depravity :-) Love some support!
  • Pinkspiritt
    Pinkspiritt Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    8 pounds is great. Im doing the older diet which is the belly fat cure diet. I just count sugars and use myfitnesspal to keep track of everything. Im losing only about 2 pounds a week but shrinking a lot. can't believe how lose my clothes are getting. what ever works for you. I haven't heard of the Happy Hormone diet. will read up on it but I like the one Im on. It is easy and It makes me feel better.