Feel like crap physically so I eat crappy... Anyone else???

Options
Lauren2H
Lauren2H Posts: 33 Member
So the last 36 hours or so I've had a really upset tummy... Lots of diarrhea and cramping and just not feeling good. A brief background includes having BED, ibs-d, and no gallbladder. Today I wanted to drive to the store and buy a bag of my favorite binge food and go home, read a book, stuff my face and devour the whole thing! I also wanted to quit mfp (which is another cycle - use mfp for 1-2 weeks do the above and give up and go back to my former way instead of facing the music). Fortunately, somehow when I was at the store, I decided I would log the binge food (I'm pretty good about honest diary keeping anyway) but then I got embarrassed about y'all being able to see it. And I don't know why, but it mattered for some reason. Hmmm... that's really something for my own internal reflection to chew on and a whole nother thread. What I really wanted to know was if anyone else binged or emotionally over eats when they feel like crap and if so, why do you think that is???

Thanks, Lauren

Replies

• Leaby_x
    Leaby_x Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi, I completely relate. Infant only yesterday I logged my diary (a binge day) and felt so ashamed but I'm hoping this will help me control it! I don't know why I do it but I'm glad I'm not the only one! Stick with mfp and do log it ALL!
  • Lauren2H
    Lauren2H Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement!! And I do I want to clarify that I do log it all! What I meant was the moment of truth was rather then log consuming an entire bag of embarrassing binge food and then have to share it here, I snapped out of it, decided I didn't actually want the junk, bought my ear plugs (real reason for trip to store in first place) and went home.

Now I had a large lunch that I'm sure would raise a lot of Mfp eyebrows, but for me it was a massive improvement over the binge that had threatened to consume me 45 minutes earlier and throw me off the course of wellness. Really, a victory on disguise.

I just don't know why when I feel so crappy physically that I want to eat and make myself even sicker, but I suppose that's the disorder at work again. Grr. I understand the emotional times it shows up, but this is something new for me to try and figure out.
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options

I just don't know why when I feel so crappy physically that I want to eat and make myself even sicker, but I suppose that's the disorder at work again. Grr. I understand the emotional times it shows up, but this is something new for me to try and figure out.

I do the same thing. If I'm feeling good, I don't want to spoil it. However, if I'm already feeling like crud, might as well go whole hog. Silly thinking and a vicious cycle, but there it is.